Useful functions just gone

Hello

I used to love Asana for it’s simplicity. We’ve been using it since probably around 2011 or 2012.

I’d really like a few functions to make it back into a future version of Asana.

Those are:

1. Colon turns task into section in both main task and sub-task. Now I need to know in advance if I need it to be a section.
  2. Ability to have as many lines in between tasks was very useful to make visual groups. Now I’m not allowed to have an empty line anymore.
  3. How do I add a section on iPhone App? If I can’t find it on my own it’s too hidden.

I’m sure I’m not the only one who wants Colon back.

Thank you
Benjamin

The first one is now done through “Tab+N”

HI @Benjamin_Weinlich and welcome to the Forum!

Here are some existing threads covering your questions:

Please note that we recommend asking one question, or submitting one feedback per thread to help to keep the Forum as tidy as possible :slight_smile: I’ve gone ahead and closed this thread, but you’re welcome to engage on these existing threads or in the rest of the Forum!

If there is anything else I can do to help, let me know!

Thank you for your response.

The problem with Tab-N is that you have to know beforehand if you want it to be a task or section. Sometimes a task becomes a section in which case you’ll have to create a new section and copy and paste the task into the section and vice versa.

Space bar will do for empty tasks.

Will you also add sections to task details (where you add subtasks)?

Thank you.

Thanks for getting back to me @Benjamin_Weinlich!

Other users have mentioned the fact they don’t always know in advance when a task needs to be converted into a subtask; our team will definitely keep it in mind for future updates.

Sections are available for subtasks, however, you first need to create a subtask before you can create a section in subtasks; see example below from my own account

Hope this helps!