Use Levels to Show Subtasks in Task List View

I sent a suggestion a while back about using levels as the current view. Meaning, you have a Parent Level, which is what we are used to seeing in the task list. While I love the dropdowns on the first level, I’m sure that will get kind of ugly and crazy if you are 3+ levels deep. So I suggest the interface shift from Parent Level, to subtask level, in that main task list view. For example: And this may be hard to grasp using words!

The interface could have level buttons (based on how many subtask levels are in the current project.

[<] [>] [PL] [L1] [L2] [L3]

[PL] is the Parent Level (the level we are used to seeing in the task list)

When I press [L1], the PL level shifts to the left, revealing the subtasks at Level 1. This presents them the same way the tasks are presented at the parent level. Same functionality. Once I’m done, I can hit the [PL] to go back to the parent level. Of if need be, I can go deeper by hitting one of the other subtask levels [L2], [L3], on and on. The [<] and [>] are just ways of drilling down, without having to have all the [L1]…[L9], etc… So you can maybe do the first 3 levels, and if people want to go further, they can use the arrows.

Thank you for sharing this great feedback with us @Francesco_Alessi!

I see you have commented on a similar thread we have regarding this topic: Drop Down option for second level of Subtasks on List so If it’s OK with you I’m closing this post to avoid duplications. Please don’t forget to cast your vote on the thread!

Thank you Francesco!