Use a form to populate task fields?

productivity

I’m looking for a free solution that allows us to use a form for work requests.

Since you have to pay for wufoo, I was hoping to use google forms for this. However, google forms has less functionality than i thought it would. It appears that only one task is created per submission, and all the answers to the form questions just appear in the body of the email. I can’t find reference to any deeper integration in order to populate task fields like due date, assignee, etc.

If that’s the case, I will just use our regular website form system for this… Before I decide to go that way, I wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something …

thanks for the help!
Lori

Did you check out the complete asana.com/apps page for a solution?

Bastien
Asana consultant, author and developer

Thanks for the response, @Bastien_Siebman!

I did. It looks like there are just four choices, and I looked through their sites. From what i’m seeing:
Jotform - It looks like their demo says a form will pass through tags and fields, but that doesnt’ seem to be the case: https://www.jotform.com/help/470-Create-tasks-in-Asana-with-JotForm-submissions

From what I’ve been able to tell, it seems everyone is connecting using pretty much the same functionality I can get from just the email integration asana already has. Wufoo seems like a tighter integration, but we’re a nonprofit and not able to spend the money …

Thanks!!

@paulminors maybe you have some more inputs for us? You are the best at this I think :muscle:

You could use Google Forms with Zapier and set up an automation where the form triggers a task to be made. Zapier would give you more control and would allow you to fill in due dates etc.

@paulminors and @Lori_Williams - Zapier is probably a great idea but it will only be a free option if the number of ‘zaps’ is low. You’d need to look at how many times the form would be used on a monthly basis. I think the free account is 5 zaps and 100 tasks per month

Thanks, Guys! Since we’re using it as a global work request form, I don’t think the free zapier account will work for us.

Honestly, I think using our own web forms and just sending responses via the email connector is going to work fine for us. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything.

have a great weekend everyone!

Hey,

When using the payed starter account on zapier you could direct the asana task depending on different conditions in the form and create the task in the correct project and assign to different people depending on criteria. So the 18.33usd per month would pay it self in saved administration. I use payed typeform with alot of logical jumps and then conditions in zapier to control who gets the task after. Saves hours of administration each week. Both are payed though. But totally worth it. But of course depending on how much the the tasks differ from each other. :slight_smile:
Have a nice weekend!

Hello from Asana User Experience Research! This week we’re gathering feedback from users who might benefit from using forms within Asana. If you’re available to share feedback, check out this post for more details. Thanks so much!