Project Titles Duplicated in Teams Overview and sidbar

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
In my team we have multiple projects, and to sort them better I update the project icon and description. However whenever I do, I see a second instance of the project in my team’s project view. The project itself isn’t duplicated but the link to the project is (another project item shows in the list). If I delete one of the duplicated projects it deletes the main project.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a new project
  2. Save and go back to team page
  3. Update project icon (optional: update project description)
  4. Go back to team page to view all projects
  5. Will see duplicated project links

Browser version: Latest

Upload screenshots below:
Redacted sensitive information, however matching color blocks correspond to duplicate project links:

1 Like

It appears that this bug only occurs when you click on the icon itself to change it. Going through the dropdown menu doesn’t seem to create duplicates.

Dropdown menu > “Set color and icon” > select an icon

Interesting I will try that approach instead moving forward. I’m curious if there’s any way to remove the duplicates without deleting the project itself? Since the duplicates point to the same project I worry to delete it since it may delete the entire project as a result.

I was able to fix this through a really hacky work-around (at least it seems to be fixed, still not 100% sure). Try the following steps:

1. drag a duplicated project to a different team (make sure you do this by drag and drop in the side bar as it doesn’t seem to fix the issue if you use the menu to change teams)
  2. drag the same project back to the correct team
  3. refresh

You may need to first move all your duplicated projects out of the correct team before moving them back. I set up a dummy team, moved everything over, then dragged them back one by one. So far, I’ve created a few new projects and there haven’t been any more duplicates.

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: Every time I create a new project, it shows up twice in the team list in both the side bar and the team’s projects page.

Steps to reproduce: Create a new project…that’s it.

The issue may be related to this previously filed bug: Project Titles Duplicated in Teams Overview and sidbar I noticed the issue after changing the the icon on the project. Now every new project is displayed as a duplicate.

Browser version: Chrome Version 88.0.4324.96 (Mac OS)

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 2.38.28 PM

Hi @anon86454277 and @anon18031543, thanks for reporting this issue! Unfortunately I was not able to reproduce it on my end but your description and screenshots are really helpful. I’ve gone ahead and escalated this to our product team to investigate further. I’ll let you know once I have more information!

@anon86454277 and @anon18031543, could you let me know if the issue persists when you open Asana in a private browser window? What type of browser you are currently using?

Looking forward to your reply!

The work-around I noted above fixed the issue for me, so I’m no longer able to reproduce it. I was using Chrome Version 88.0.4324.96 (Mac OS).

Currently I’m using Firefox v78.4.1esr (64-bit). I just tried opening my team project list again in a private window and the duplicate project icons are still there. I haven’t tried @anon86454277 's solution yet but will give that a try.

Thanks both for confirming! I’ll let you know as soon as I have any updates!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Projects are showing up twice in the side bar and in the Team Overview pane, even newly created ones. Some projects are even showing up in the wrong team.

Steps to reproduce:
This may be my own fault. I duplicated a project (in a different team), and moved the duplicate to this team before realizing the project was still being copied. Now if I make a new project in any of the teams, it is shown as duplicated. However, the projects themselves are not duplicated, just their display in the teams overview and side bar (see second image, one project is selected but both are highlighted. Email confirmations of copy completion have been received). Furthermore, clicking between teams results in projects from the wrong team displaying. A browser refresh fixes that, but it’s still confusing as it’s inconsistent. For example in the 3rd image, team ‘EX1’ should only have projects with ‘EX1’ in the title, but there are ‘EX2’ projects displayed. A browser refresh fixes it to the 4th image.

Browser version:
Google Chrome
Version 88.0.4324.182 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1:

2:

3:

4:

Hi @anon33729336, welcome to the Asana Community Forum and sorry for the trouble here! We received similar reports so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main report. Our team is currently investigating this issue and we hope to have news soon! I’ll keep you posted!

1 Like

I am having the same issues, but with tasks. I moved a subtask out to become a task, and instead of moving the subtask, it just duplicated it. Now, there are two identical tasks, one showing up as a parent task, and one showing up as a subtask of a separate task. When I click one, the other is highlighted. I cannot delete one without the other getting deleted.

Hi folks,

Thank you so much for all reports and for your patience while our team worked on resolving this issue! I’m happy to share our team has deployed a fix last night, so this issue should now be resolved :slight_smile:

I’m closing this bug out, but please don’t hesitate to reach out if you continue running into trouble!

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.