Updated List view not showing description icon?

I noticed the new list view is not showing an icon, or anything, for tasks that contain a description.

It does show an icon for tasks with subtasks (which is great), but I can’t see any indication for descriptions.
All of those tasks on the image have a description. How can I tell?

2 Likes

@Eric5, That would be nice. That’s also why I made it a feature of Responsive list view, multi-column sorts, hide/show 21 columns, filter-as-you-type, and more: Asana2Go Interactive Tables ✨ and if you hover over one of those icons, you see the description right there in a tooltip too without losing context or going anywhere.

Larry

3 Likes

The only thing I don’t understand is why don’t they hire you! You seem to be ahead of their development team, AND of their support team! They would increase revenue and reduce costs.
Thanks Ipb, I just downloaded the extension.

2 Likes

@Eric5, Thank you! Of course, putting a feature in Asana2Go is a much simpler affair than adding one to Asana. I have utmost respect for the product, design, development, and in fact all teams at Asana.

Larry

3 Likes

I hadn’t realized that this was a casualty of the list grid view update: There used to be a “some content in detail pane” indicator that is now gone without any mention. I used this all the time to know which tasks had content and which didn’t

@Marie, could you convert this thread to product feedback we can vote on?

Also, a more complete way to notify all of us of changes would be to mention things like this explicitly both for our own benefit and, in some of our cases, to make sure our Asana clients are well taken care of.

Thanks,

Larry

2 Likes

Of course @lpb, I’ve moved this thread to the #productfeedback category so you should now be able to add your vote!

2 Likes

Exactly. I was wondering how did this go unnoticed. Maybe they forgot to add it?

2 Likes