Can you de-merge two Asana accounts? I currently have my personal and organizational emails, but the organization email is specific to a position rather than to me personally. If I want to transfer use of the organizational email but still be able to access all of my Asana content without having to re-log in, can I de-merge an account merge when it’s time to transition the organizational email?
Hi @Ricky_Tan and welcome to the Forum If your Organization email is specific to a position rather a person and you might need to hand it over in the future, you’re probably better off un-merging your accounts.
As it stands there is no formal way to un-merge accounts, so it is rather a manual process; here are the steps to follow:
- Remove the email from your current account that you wish to separate from (https://asana.com/guide/help/fundamentals/settings#gl-remove-email).
- Log out of your current account.
- Go to https://asana.com/ to create a new account. Be sure to create the account with the email address you just removed from your current account.
- Log in to your original account and invite your newly created account into the Workspaces/Organizations that you want to transfer it to.
- In your original account, remove yourself from the Workspaces/Organization that you have invited your New Account to join.
- Reassign any tasks from the original account to the newly created & invited account.
The end result will leave you with two separate Asana accounts. In the original account you will be a Member or Guest of any Workspaces and Organizations you didn’t “transfer.” In your new account you will be a Member or Guest of the Workspaces or Organizations you joined.
Have a great day!
Unmerge Asana Accounts
I have merge 2 Asana accounts between my personal account and my office account. How to unmerge it again?
Thank you before.