Universal Reporting - Custom Field X Axis

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
I am trying to use a custom field in a specific project on the X Axis of a universal report. The x axis is limited to custom fields that aren’t even a part of the project. I have a project with 2 custom fields, I am trying to use one as the x axis and one as the y axis.

Steps to reproduce:
Go to Reporting, Select Add Chart, Create New Chart, Column, then look for x axis with custom field.

Browser version: Safari and Mac app

Upload screenshots below:
Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 1.48.10 PM

Hi @Ryan_Jaskiewicz, thanks for reaching out.

For Custom Fields to be available when creating charts, they must be added to your Org’s library of custom fields. Project specific custom fields will not be available here.

To add a Custom Field to your Org’s library you can follow the steps here: How to Create and Use Custom Fields in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Rebecca,

I’m a little confused, as I do have them added to the organization as a whole. They still aren’t showing on the x-axis for some reason. See the screenshot above. Is there a separate place, other than when creating the custom field, where you would add it to the org library?

Thanks!

Thanks for following up, @Ryan_Jaskiewicz. You can add the Custom Field to the Org Library when creating the field or by editing the field.

Could you please provide me with a screenshot showing the field has indeed been added to your Org library but is still not showing up in the X-axis?

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.