Additional and customizable Asana celebrations

Hi, our team is new to Asana. We are loving it so far, and everyone is really motivated by the celebrations. I know hacks are temporary and not guaranteed, but our manager is curious as to how this one works.

Two questions… (1) Not all of us get the narwal unicorn awesomeness when we complete a task. In fact, I do not see a unicorn hack or celebration option in my profile settings. I do have an extra delight option, but that’s it. Is this related to OS versions? Or PC vs Mac?
(2) Do the unicorns (etc) not appear every time you complete a task?

Thanks very much!

9 Likes

@Kate1, so glad you love our celebration family! We do too :slight_smile:

• To enable celebrations, you’ll find the option under “My Profile Settings…” > “Display” > “Show occasional celebrations upon task completion”
  • They won’t appear everytime you complete a Task, so keep up the productivity to see them fly across your screen!
2 Likes

Love the unicorns AND the bats AND the Tab B’s! Super fun!

11 Likes

Is it possible I’m one of the few humans on earth who isn’t motivated by a flying unicorn?

Don’t get me wrong, I love the celebrations! In an effort to spare my team more tales of woe I’m coming to the community with this request.
What would motivate me you ask? Why a big “fist pump” popping from my screen. Or perhaps the occasional high-five.

Wondering if there are plans to add a suite of celebrations from which we could choose?

Cheers
Martha

12 Likes

I don’t mind the existing celebrations - the unicorn is very popular round here - but I do wish they’d go a tiny bit slower. I don’t know if it’s because we use virtual desktops, but sometimes the celebrations whizz up the screen so quickly I can barely see them. :unicorn:

12 Likes

They can pry the narwhals and unicorn celebrations from my cold dead hands tbqh.

16 Likes

My team LOVES the celebration animals. Our meetings literally erupt into cheers when a unicorn shoots across the screen. Our only lament is that, even with “extra delight” turn on, we don’t seem to get them very frequently.

7 Likes

We aren’t getting any animals anymore. Just a rainbow when we check off tasks.

I absolutely love the celebrations. Thank you so much <3

1 Like

I’ve had this hack enabled from day 1 and I’m not getting any animals. I was getting a note in the lower left corner saying that I got a celebration. Starting today my completed tasks turn into rainbows. Everyone else in my org seems to be getting the animals though. (LOVE the tab+b, though!)

Our whole team’s celebrations suddenly disappeared one day a month or two ago! Everyone still has the options checked. We miss them, what has happened?!

1 Like

this is seriously awesome, I wish there was even more of it. I find it highly rewarding…

6 Likes

Have checked my settings and still not seeing any celebrations. What happened?

I love these! They keep me from that “I’ve been doing the same thing for hours” glazed over look.

I’ve used this feature and now I want to turn it off. I can’t. I’ve tried turning it off and refreshing. I’ve turned it on and refreshed, and I’ve tried both combinations with ?no_flags flag in the url. It still happens.

I think I know what’s happening. When I append ?no_flags it reroutes to ?no_flags= and with that present, the “extra delight” still happens.

Hello, may we please get even more delight? Perhaps an “Ultra Delight” mode? Gotta get my fix.

12 Likes

We love the celebrations! Something to consider: celebratory otters.

10 Likes

Same here. All my colleagues get to see unicorns and other flying animals but I only get the rainbow stripe. Checked the settings several times but it all seems correct. Would be great to get this fixed. Thanks

3 Likes

Please make a toggle for task completion that lets one set the rainbow animation to always on, regardless of flying animals :slight_smile:

4 Likes