Additional and customizable Asana celebrations

A post was split to a new topic: Criaturas comemorativas da Asana após a conclusão de uma tarefa

Same here, only rainbow colour for finishing tasks. No animals anymore. :sob:

1 Like

Can we please be able to use custom images for celebrations

3 Likes

Our team enjoys the celebrations and it would be good to have a variety of celebration topics/pictures. One thing I did notice is that when we turned on “Extra Delight” in the My Profile Setting > Hack area it stopped the pictures flying across the screen and only showed the rainbows colours on the task row. Is this known to happen or is it happening to anyone else? I noticed Jenny_Miller said she isn’t getting the same thing. I turned off the extra delight and the celebrations started coming through again.
I do also have the “Show occasional celebrations upon task completion” ticked in “My Profile Settings…” > “Display”.

I played with the setting a couple of times, turning both options on and off and reloading the changes. This seemed to make them start coming through again as expected.

Can we just have a button that we can hit for celebrations? We want to celebrate archiving a project for example or team members who accomplished a lot that week. Celebrations on demand!!

2 Likes

Hello Asana team,

During an on-boarding session it was noted that the team would like different celebrations – such as a scorpion, snake, etc… Are any newer celebrations in the pipeline Asana is working on? Is there a way to add custom celebrations?

Thank you,
Christopher

Hi @Christopher :wave:t3:

This is not in our near-term plans, but additional custom celebrations are definitely something we want to look into in the future! We already have a thread on this topic, so I’ve gone ahead merged your post with the existing conversation we have to consolidate feedback on this subject! On my end, I will make sure to update this thread as soon as I have an update :slight_smile:

1 Like

Our team at Plumas Bank utilizes Asana. We enjoy the platform but there is one concerning issue. Why is Asana so stingy with the Unicorns, Phoenixes, Yetis, Narwhals etc…??! I wanted to show our appreciation for these little awards. We LOVE them. We hope you create a Dragon next!!! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for your kind words @Dale_Morgan, I’ll make sure to pass them onto our Design team :slight_smile: we already have a thread on this topic, so I’ve merged your post with the existing thread to gather all ideas on this topic in one place, hope you don’t mind :slight_smile:

Love unicorns and I want more fun, like rainbow, confetti… :star_struck:

1 Like

We love the celebrations as well. An extension package would be so cool though, to add more wow and surprising factors.

2 Likes

I was showing a colleague who is new to the tool what happens when you complete a task, but didn’t get the narwhal or unicorn. What am I doing wrong?

This is by far my favorite feature of Asana (besides all the features that improve productivity and communication). Please keep it forever.

4 Likes

Related: (Disclaimer: I created this–believe it or not)

Larry

May you please make another switch in the Hacks section for having a celebration everytime when toggling a task done? Pretty please =D
Because atm I am toggling the task done and undone forth and back until I get one. I really need them for cheering up motivation.

2 Likes

Don’t love all of the “likes thumbs” hack. Too much. Thanks!

We would like to see the option for enabling celebrations at every check-off. We love them and frankly, it’s the only thing that keeps me doing my job. It is a huge bummer to check off a major component and get…nothing. WE loved the chariot of the gods accompanied by all the celebration beasts, but don’t seem to see that anymore. Please, more celebration, particularly in this time of working remotely and all the other sadness and disappointment. This is one way that Asana could really give back to the legions of disconnected workers!

5 Likes

Hi Asana friends, I cannot second this comment enough. In this new world of intense uncertainty and sadness, these mythical friends are all that keep me going at work. Please help us out and keep as motivated as possible. :partying_face: :unicorn: :rainbow: :sparkles:

4 Likes

Hello, wow, so great to see I am not alone on the celebrations on every completion. However I give you another use case :wink:
I am currently organising my Kids distance Learning daily planning on Asana, its such a great family experience. The kids (6 and 8yrs old) are now completing their tasks themselves and getting so excited for the celebration . Definately we should get a “celebrations always” button . I am voting for this feature, where do I sign !! :wink:
BR
Mauro

6 Likes