Undo a deprovision

I accidentally clicked on “deprovison” for an email, and I would like to undo this action. What should I do?

Thanks for posting @leandroshimanuki. You could re-invite the user with the same email address to bring them back into the Organization. You will also have a project with all of their formerly assigned tasks, which you can use to easily re-assign them the tasks they were responsible for. I hope this helps, but let me know if you’re still having troubles.

1 Like

Thanks for your help Kaitie. Is there any way to back up the personal tasks and re-assign all the task automatically? This back up is very important to the user.

Hi @leandroshimanuki - If you’re interested in “backing up” the tasks, so to speak, from the existing project, you could copy the project and as such duplicate all the tasks. That said, Kaitie’s suggestion would be an easy option that you can complete in one fell swoop. Just multi select all the tasks and assign them to the same person.

All the personal tasks and projects were deleted from rafael.alexandre@resultadosdigitais.com.br account. It’s critical to him to have this data again. Would it be possible for your tech team to retrieve a backup of his account?

Thank you in advance!

Hi @leandroshimanuki our support team might be able to recover this data for you. You can reach out to them at Asana Support - Help Center • Asana :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I have made the same mistake. I cannot find any such project with all their formerly assigned tasks. Where can I find it? Thanks

Hi @Cristobal_de_Barrion! Quick question, are you in a Premium Organization? This Private project will only be sent to the Admin of the Organization, so if you’re in a free Organization, or a Workspace you won’t get it since these don’t have an Admin. If that’s your case, feel free to reach out to our support team (http://asana.com/support1) they should be able to help!

2 Likes

I am in a free organisation. Thanks for the clarification

1 Like

Same thing just happened to me! Deprovisioned someone, brought them back and now their private project can’t be retrieved. I contact support. Did this get resolved for you?

I also don’t remember getting a message to confirm deprovisioning – better fail-safes please!

1 Like

undelete previous post I didn’t think it nested correctly–can this answer move to just below the first answer so free orgs don’t spend time searching for the aforementioned auto-generated project.

Hi, I have the same issue here. I accidentally click “deprovision” for a team member, yet bigger issue is the one that I removed was actually the admin of the Organization… I don’t how could I actually remove an admin here, but please could you help me to restore him back to the Organization as an admin along with all his data? Thank you

Hi @rahma_julma and welcome to the Forum! No worries at all, our support team should be able to help you recover this user profile; you can reach out to the team following these steps: https://forum.asana.com/t/how-do-i-contact-support/19057/27?u=marie