Unable to see Calendar view for other members

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

No way to change to calendar view when watching the tasks of others.

Steps to reproduce:

I search for a member, click it, receive the list view.
Changing the URL manually from
https://app.asana.com/0/XXXXXXXXXXXX/list
to
https://app.asana.com/0/XXXXXXXXXXXX/calendar
just redirects to the list view…

Browser version:

Chrome latest

Upload screenshots below:

No calendar view for others…

Before there was a link for the calendar view…

Please assist, we need this to work again!

5 Likes

Welcome to the Forum @Thore_Janke and thank you for reaching out!

Sorry about the trouble here. I can confirm this is not a bug but actually the new expected behaviour. This recent change responds to an update we are currently rolling out that allows you to make the organization of your My Tasks private to you. This means that those tasks you add to your My Tasks are private to you unless you share them with other people.

Furthermore, when you search for someone else’s name, you will now see their public profile page where you can see those tasks that are visible to you but the Calendar and Files tabs are not included on their profile view.

To learn more about this new update, please have a look at the following article from our Guide: My Tasks (scroll down to - Are my Tasks private?)

I hope this helps clarifying Thore but please let me know if you have any follow-up question! I’ll be more than happy to help! :slight_smile:

Why is that?
I understand there are “private tasks” now,
but still it should be possible to see the shared tasks of others in a calendar view.

Any chance to get this view back?

8 Likes

Hey Natalia,

we use the Calendar function on a daily basis to plan tasks for our colleagues. If this function is lost there’s no way to plan other’s tasks in a convenient manner. We have dozens of client projects at the same time, which makes the Calendar function for us super useful.

10 Likes

True. @Natalia We need the calendar as it was back ASAP! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I can understand the reasoning behind tasks privacy, however currently we can see other team members tasks as a list, so they are visible. Only thing missing is the calendar view. Which is super useful and we certainly hope it’ll be back soon! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

How can we manage tasks tasks of team, if we can’t see if they are bussy or not during week? That “new expected behaviour” makes planning, and project management impossible :smiley: Project view is one thing but we also need to know how resources are busy (or free) to make planning possible. List view isn’t as easy to use as calendar.

5 Likes

I hope this helps clarifying Thore but please let me know if you have any follow-up question!

@Natalia :wave:

My question is, how can we get back the calendar view?

Like @anon80790906 correctly wrote:

I can understand the reasoning behind tasks privacy, however currently we can see other team members tasks as a list, so they are visible. Only thing missing is the calendar view.

Please reply to this issue and try to get it resolved.
It cost us already one whole productive work day! :worried:

Thank you very much!

1 Like

I don’t personally use any Calendars - I have too many tasks for them to fit in the inflexible Calendar view. Still, this UI change will disrupt one of my primary work flows, which includes sitting with each of my direct reports for a weekly 1:1 while we both view their My Tasks page and use it as an active tool to manage their workload, including moving things as needed to Today/Upcoming/Later. Now I understand their T/U/L designations will become invisible to me. OK, now I need to create another workaround - which may not be a big deal - but then I need to train my whole team in it, including all the Asanaphobes - and that is a major deal indeed. Given that Asana is supposed to be helping productivity, not becoming its own source of workload.

It is amazing the rate of UI and personal workflow disruptions Asana generates for its users. I truly cannot think of another user software package I’ve ever used (>>30 years) that has ever done this 1/20th as much. And each one is sprung on us as a total surprise! SRSLY…smh…

Hi everyone! Product engineer at Asana here.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, and sorry for breaking your workflows. We have temporarily rolled back the change, and we’re assessing whether or not to add back the Calendar view on another user’s Profile view. I hope we will come up with a solution that works for you!

4 Likes

Thanks, @anon88384870.

@Marie or @Natalia, Can you grant Scott access to the thread in the Asana Together category where I and others posted because there’s more feedback there.

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like