UI Navigation change: Only 7 Team Members displayed in the left sidebar

@Bastien_Siebman Hi Bastien, this has been an issue for more than a couple of months, which doesn’t seem to make it just a mere “bug”. When will this issue be resolved?

Hi @Alexis_Lee and @Bastien_Siebman! This is not really a bug, but rather a consequence of a recent UI update; you can learn more about it in the following article: Sidebar, Header, and Team UI Update

We already have a thread talking about this UI Navigation change: Only 7 Team Members displayed in the left sidebar so I have just gone ahead and merged this thread with the main one!

I’m having the same problem. I used to see all my team member’s tasks from clicking on their avatar on the left but now they are missing.

Hi Elaine 1
I found out later (someone sent me a note) to say that you can Enter the name of any person in our company in the Magnifying glass - and their list shows up.
GOOD LUCK Wally

Dear Asana, please fix this. With a team of 26 members and not being able to click on each person to view their tasks is very annoying and unproductive. This feature of only viewing the 7 members in the left hand sidebar is not a UI upgrade, it is a major downgrade. Please fix ASAP. Thank you!

Hi, since the new update for the web app has been applied there is no longer a way to easily access the other members of your team in teams larger than 7! 7 team members display in the sidebar but previously you could load more and now that isn’t possible? Really annoying :confused:

Thanks for reaching out @ Sophie! You can learn more about this in the following post: UI Navigation change: Only 7 Team Members displayed in the left sidebar I have gone ahead and merged your post with this main thread, and I’d recommend to add your vote to this thread too! :slight_smile:

The recently new ui update from Aug does not show all team members. I used to use this capability a lot to see a specific users’s tasks.
It now only shows first 7 members
2018-08-14%2011_45_02-%E2%97%8F%20AGAT%20system%20-%20Unable%20to%20delete%20pages%20from%20wiki%20-%20Asana

Hi @Yoav_Crombie,

I haven’t found an easier way to get to the extra teammates but I have come up with a couple workarounds:

1. Searching for the team member I wish to look up in the search toolll
  2. Adding people I frequently look at to my favorites

To add people to your favorite, you can click the star next to their name after searching for them:

Thanks for your feedback @Yoav_Crombie! We already have a thread on this topic, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with UI Navigation change: Only 7 Team Members displayed in the left sidebar I’d also recommend trying the tips shared by @RyanE :slight_smile:

We don’t like not being able to easily click on our team on the left side bar and see how everyone is doing on their projects. It can be done … but with more key strokes. I would rather have the efficiency of having easy access to the whole team on the left bar. Maybe I’ve missed it. But, I haven’t seen the reasoning to limit team members to only seven. Is it possible to change the seven?

Hi all,

Until recently I believe it was possible in the sidebar to just click on a team and see all members of that team. Has that been removed or am I just blind now?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Ralph

Hey,

Check this

Thanks @Diakoptis. Helps a lot!

HI guys :wave:t3: just merging this thread with UI Navigation change: Only 7 Team Members displayed in the left sidebar to avoid having duplicates; hope that’s ok!