UI Navigation change: Only 7 Team Members displayed in the left sidebar

@Bastien_Siebman Hi Bastien, this has been an issue for more than a couple of months, which doesn’t seem to make it just a mere “bug”. When will this issue be resolved?

Hi @Alexis_Lee and @Bastien_Siebman! This is not really a bug, but rather a consequence of a recent UI update; you can learn more about it in the following article: Sidebar, Header, and Team UI Update

We already have a thread talking about this UI Navigation change: Only 7 Team Members displayed in the left sidebar - #9 by Wally_Montpetit so I have just gone ahead and merged this thread with the main one!

I’m having the same problem. I used to see all my team member’s tasks from clicking on their avatar on the left but now they are missing.

Hi Elaine 1
I found out later (someone sent me a note) to say that you can Enter the name of any person in our company in the Magnifying glass - and their list shows up.
GOOD LUCK Wally

Dear Asana, please fix this. With a team of 26 members and not being able to click on each person to view their tasks is very annoying and unproductive. This feature of only viewing the 7 members in the left hand sidebar is not a UI upgrade, it is a major downgrade. Please fix ASAP. Thank you!

3 Likes

Hi, since the new update for the web app has been applied there is no longer a way to easily access the other members of your team in teams larger than 7! 7 team members display in the sidebar but previously you could load more and now that isn’t possible? Really annoying :confused:

Thanks for reaching out @ Sophie! You can learn more about this in the following post: UI Navigation change: Only 7 Team Members displayed in the left sidebar - #14 by Marie I have gone ahead and merged your post with this main thread, and I’d recommend to add your vote to this thread too! :slight_smile:

The recently new ui update from Aug does not show all team members. I used to use this capability a lot to see a specific users’s tasks.
It now only shows first 7 members
2018-08-14%2011_45_02-%E2%97%8F%20AGAT%20system%20-%20Unable%20to%20delete%20pages%20from%20wiki%20-%20Asana

Hi @Yoav_Crombie,

I haven’t found an easier way to get to the extra teammates but I have come up with a couple workarounds:

1. Searching for the team member I wish to look up in the search toolll
  2. Adding people I frequently look at to my favorites

To add people to your favorite, you can click the star next to their name after searching for them:

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback @Yoav_Crombie! We already have a thread on this topic, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with UI Navigation change: Only 7 Team Members displayed in the left sidebar - #13 by Jack_Ward I’d also recommend trying the tips shared by @RyanE :slight_smile:

We don’t like not being able to easily click on our team on the left side bar and see how everyone is doing on their projects. It can be done … but with more key strokes. I would rather have the efficiency of having easy access to the whole team on the left bar. Maybe I’ve missed it. But, I haven’t seen the reasoning to limit team members to only seven. Is it possible to change the seven?

2 Likes

Hi all,

Until recently I believe it was possible in the sidebar to just click on a team and see all members of that team. Has that been removed or am I just blind now?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Ralph

1 Like

Hey,

Check this

Thanks @Diakoptis. Helps a lot!

1 Like

HI guys :wave:t3: just merging this thread with UI Navigation change: Only 7 Team Members displayed in the left sidebar to avoid having duplicates; hope that’s ok!

Hi, would just like to add my voice to the other members who find it frustrating that they cannot view all team members on the sidebar. If there is a limit to the number of members shown is there a way of deciding / editing who is shown?!
Is Asana planning on bringing back the feature to enable you to have more than 7 members shown?
Any help on this would be great, thanks

Hi @Jen_Farrar and welcome to the Forum! We already have a thread on this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread. Have a look at this reply for more insights on this behaviour!

Hi Asana friends,

I’m not sure if it’s just user error/ignorance, but for some reason I’m having a hard time figuring out how to view more than these 7 icons of my team members below. (Our team has 15 members, but I cannot choose/click on the other 8 besides these 7 here that seem to have been selected by default.)

I tried clicking on the + option, but that doesn’t allow me to do anything other than invite people or add to projects. Could someone please advise me on how to do this? Or is this something that Asana needs to fix on their interface?

Thanks!

Hi @Martin_Yan and welcome to the Forum :wave:t3:

We already have a thread on this topic, so I have gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread. For more info regarding the fact you can only see 7 members in your sidebar, have a look at this specific post.

Hope this helps!

Does the limit on the number of team members in the left hand pane apply to the number of teams, too? I’m trying to add my team to a colleague’s side bar.