UI change - Project tabs/buttons in tasks pushed down

Our organization workspace just got this change today. I was really, really hoping you were reconsidering this change as I have been using the new interface on another workspace I belong to, and it makes the process of managing the work a whole lot more work!!!

The whole idea of Asana is to spend time doing the work not working on managing the work!

These actions that I do everyday take so much longer and generally involve a lot of scrolling

• Get new task (these can come from a number of sources and many have emails or other long text as part of description), assign to project and section - Project and Section need to be at the top!

• Tag a task - we use tags for specific purposes — It is now hidden in more actions. If you must hide an icon, I never use copy link (why when you can @mention??) - don’t hide add a tag under more actions, or make the top list of icon actions user-configurable

• Complete a task or review a task and move it to a new section - having to scroll down below a lot of description, or in general having the project section located in a different place on every task is making think about the interface instead of the work.

• The yellow warning that the task is public - I don’t get at all. Visually it is the most prominent thing about the task in the my tasks section and is distracting

• The giant mark as complete button – make that a user choice of display as well - ok for the first day you use asana, but when all your tasks are here and you “check” some off every day - why would you not “get used to” the checkmark?

We love Asana and the way it has streamlined our communications and processes, but this is a step backwards in usability.

19 Likes