Two items from custom field list

I’d like to be able to select two or more items from a custom field list, to be able to sort tasks. For example, I have a task with several subtasks, and the end product will be both a press release and a blog post. I’d prefer to keep all subtasks together rather than create separate parent-tasks (helps with client approval and knowing where the overall project is, vs. two separate tasks for each end result), but can only tag this with one ‘project type’ in my custom field. Can’t find any info on how to duplicate custom field columns or select more than one. Help?

Hi @Glenna_Parks, welcome to our community! If I understand correctly, you would like to be able to choose two options from a Drop-down Custom field for a task. Is that right? Unfortunately, this is not currently possible.

It is possible to create a second Custom Field column with the same values (so you can choose a different value for the task), but having duplicate Custom Fields may cause confusion if you run a search by Custom Fields, for example.

Another option would be to use tags, so you can apply different tags to the same task.

If this is not what you are looking for, please kindly provide us with more details on what you would like to achieve and we will be happy to check if there’s another workaround for you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Exactly what I wanted - to select two options from a drop-down. Thanks for the quick reply!

1 Like

@Glenna_Parks, I sometimes use Tags as @Vanessa_N suggested. But more often I add another combined dropdown value in cases like this:

Blog
PR
Blog+PR

Just another option (pun intended) for you in case that helps,

Larry

2 Likes