Tutorials

I was looking at the “badges” and noticed that there are two you could earn for doing the New User and the Advanced User tutorials. Where do you find these tutorials?

2 Likes

Hi @Fred_Claus :wave:

The New User and Advanced User tutorials you are referring are related to the Platform we use to manage our Forum.

When registering for the Forum, you should have received interactive messages from Discobot showing you how the platform we use for our Forum, Discourse, works. In this message, it gives you some instructions to follow if you’d like to learn more. These badges are automatically assigned to you when following all the instructions given, by Discobot.

I hope this helps Fred! Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

2 Likes

Thanks @Natalia that clears things up. I will go look for that email from the Bot. I was hoping they were referring to something in the Asana Academy.

2 Likes

[quote=“Natalia, post:2, topic:63858”]
The New User and Advanced User tutorials you are referring are related to the Platform we use to manage our Forum.

When registering for the Forum, you should have received interactive messages from Discobot showing you how the platform we use for our Forum, Discourse, works. In this message, it gives you some instructions to follow if you’d like to learn more. These badges are automatically assigned to you when following all the instructions given, by Discobot.

:slight_smile:Hi @Natalia. I suggest that there is a link to the tutorials. That will be much easier for new ones to accomplish them.

1 Like

i agree. When I registered for the forum, if these instructions popped up, I probably didn’t want to go through all of that at the time. It would be nice to be able to find them. I see no link here in the Discobot message.

@Fred_Claus I am still unable to find a place to access these two tutorials. If you found a link, please post. Thank you.

I figured it out… go back to original Welcome message from discobot. type in: ’ @discobot start tutorial ’ and follow all of the instructions until you earn a certificate for New User.

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

To begin the advanced tutorial and earn the badge, in the discobot welcome message string (anywhere) type: start advanced tutorial

…and then proceed with the instructions to edit a post and so on… it’s a little confusing at first because I didn’t realize the response was actually the tutorial in action.