Track number of creative requests daily, weekly, etc

We have a creative team that the rest of our team submits creative requests too. As management I need visibility on the number of requests submitted daily, weekly, etc to that department. And what type of creative request. I know how to advance search but it’s just search listings that isn’t user friendly for my management team. Is there a way to see a high-level report?

Hi @Ray2 :wave:t3:

Have you had a look to our new Portfolio feature?

@Ray2 - I manage a marketing team and need similar data. We use a single project to log all requests (we have a central request email address that the company uses that is automatically forwarded to the asana project) and I export our request project data periodically into a csv file which lets me quickly compile all of the info I need into a report.

Hi @Marie. I have. Would it report the number of incoming creative request tasks on a daily and weekly time frame?

@Marie One more question. If it doesn’t, is there a way to use it so that it could? Right now our creative requests are a task with sub-tasks in different projects for clients.

@Laura_Johnson Thanks. I suppose I could do that. Just seems like a tedious task to do daily or weekly.

Hi @Ray2,

Porfolios allows you to track the progression of your project in % and allow you to see how many tasks have been completed and how many are still to be completed.

You can learn more about it here.

Another option would be use Zapier to push new tasks into a Google Sheet - Link Here
This ‘automates’ the process of creating the spreadsheet that @Laura_Johnson mentioned.
Keep in mind the spreadsheet only gets updated with new tasks - It won’t reflect closed/deleted tasks.

Good Luck!

Hi @Ray2

The key to this is the ‘Created At’ column, which you get when you export a project or advanced search to csv. You can build charts in Google sheets or Power BI based on filters for ‘in the last xx days . . .’

If you didn’t want to use Zapier to automate the process, you could use the Sync to Google Sheets feature, which I’ve previously mentioned here:

I hope that’s useful.