Total number of comments per tasks

only receive the comments instead (so apply a filter), I don’t see such a parameter in the API docs.

I believe this would be done similarly to your other thread with “like” filtering. I’ll wait for the API team to weigh in on why that isn’t working.

And additionally, from the documentation I understand that through the sync argument in the [GET] events api call, we can’t go back in time. So if I do my very first request on monday 1st January, I’ll have subsequent sync tokens for events after that date, but I’ll never be able to figure out sync tokens that would bring me back in time, right?

No, there is no “back in time” for events. Events use the same infrastructure as webhooks. Essentially, when you request /events the first time we give you a sync token that represents that corresponds to a cursor. When you request /events?sync=your_token, we move the cursor forward up to 100 events. If you get <100 events then you’re now up to date. If you receive 100, you’ll probably also get a has_more param, which means there are more events waiting for you to consume (the cursor hasn’t hit the end of the stream it’s on).

Because it’s a cursor, there is no going back once you get the events.