Timeline - Schedule Subtasks

subtasks
timeline

As with everyone else on this thread, I’m very interested in better utilization of the Subtasks feature in Asana. would be good to have the “+” to make it evident when there are Subtask added to Tasks, and they NEED to be included on the Timeline feature.

0 Likes

We also have a strong need to be able to display subtasks in the timeline for making dependencies and timing apparent without cluttering up the list view for the master tasks.

0 Likes

New user (evaluator) here looking for a pm tool for 100+ employee company. I thought Asana was it, but the lack of this feature (and the poor workaround) is making the tool over complicated and adding confusion for my employees. This is a no-brainer no matter how many or few votes there are for this topic.

0 Likes

Yes, the lack of the this feature is making Timelines useless. What’s the point of making subtasks, when there is no way (or a hard way) of listing them anywhere. This is a huge downside and letdown… I’ve started using Instagantt as an addition to Asana and it works fine for me, but I don’t want to make everyone understand the whole new application in order to see the ganttchart and task hierarchy.

0 Likes

Agreed - what use is a Gantt chart that you can’t see the subtasks and it is way too much work to keep up with adding them all to the main project - plus it becomes confusing to the team.

1 Like

Big time problem…! Timelines is useless without sub-tasks. Such a bummer as I was getting away from Instagantt…

0 Likes

I know it’s not a direct, out-of-the-box solution, but we’ve used Bridge24 in the past to connect Asana and you can build out a view like this. I think you can do the same with InstagGantt too.

0 Likes

COMPLETELY AGREE HERE!

I recently started playing with timelines and I love the concept for timeline management and keeping up with client expectations BUT we utilize subtasks and a lot of them. So the timeline feature isn’t really as useful to us as we thought it could be.

I’m going to look into instagantt but I’d prefer to really keep everything in Asana if possible. Hopefully, this gets the attention it deserves and we see some changes to the system soon!

0 Likes