Timeline - Schedule Subtasks

Hi,

This is a heavily requested feature with an existing thread, Iā€™ll let you find it and upvote there, no need to create a new one.

Thanks

If i could just ADD to this as a NEED:

1. Please have a Toggle for whether the Subtask should be added to the Timeline
  2. And keep it NESTED under the Parent Task in the List and not a HUGE scattered mess when you link it back to the project. :pray:
  3. Automatically Nest the Subtasks in the Timeline under the Parent Task instead of risking the date moving when you have to organize it.
5 Likes

Couldnā€™t agree more!

Itā€™s insane that an entire product was created (instagantt) to solve the problem that Asana wont address. Why do I have to pay for two products to create a basic Gantt chart and track resources/workload???

Agreeing with everyone here. Managing many people and projects NEEDS this capability added directly into Asana without reaching out to a third party.

Nesting the subtasks as a default is perfect - we can then choose what we would like to view subtasks when appropriate.

4 Likes

Asana this is now Aug 2022ā€¦ (4+ years since it popped up with 1k+ votes) and still nothing. As a paying customer on a channel youā€™ve provided for feedback, it would be great to have an update.

Whatā€™s the status?
What is preventing this from being implemented?
What is the current status?

We donā€™t want another unicorn flashing across the screen, we want to have important functionality that allows us to deliver projects on time, in budget, and fully accounted for. Help us. This is what we need, and what we are paying for.

3 Likes

Another +1 for this. Very frustrating that itā€™s not a feature and significantly hinders my management of bigger projects. The add to project workaround is not workable because of how much it clutters up the list view.

2 Likes

Echoing everybody above - key reason for us not fully shifting to Asana and as a result upgrading to premium is the lack of the ability to see sub-tasks as nested timelines on the timeline panel. This is a critical feature - with this much user feedback over the last 4 years would be great to have any indication or actionā€¦

1 Like

The feedback on this issue is unbelievably overwhelming across the Asana Community Forum, going back YEARS and countless posts. It seems to be an issue and pain with everyone. Why hasnā€™t this been fixed yet?

4 Likes

Same. I just signed up for a paid account on asana, realized how limited it was. and now moving to monday.com.

Does Monday offer this functionality? I love everything else about Asana, but the incapability to map out subtasks is a real problem.

1 Like

Hello, is there an update as to the status of this feature request?

This is a must have feature for our organization and we are actively searching for alternative solutions since Asana is not addressing this feature request in any capacity.

1 Like

When is this going to be available Asana?

1 Like

2018 and this has not been done yet? :unamused:

Totally unbelievable. Not just not getting it done. But not commenting and engaging with users on this. This topic/feature request is number one in user views and comments, has 4 times the votes than any other feature, has been outstanding now for 4.5 years, and NOT A SINGLE ASANA PERSON HAS COMMENTED, EVER, let alone actually building it. Truly stunning. This indicates a total lack of leadership at this company. Iā€™m a software founder and CEO. How a CEO has not looked at the top requested feature for 4.5 years of their product, communicated, and banged heads together to get it done is beyond me.

1 Like

Do we have a timeline for this implementation?

I donā€™t work for Asana, and I am not allowed to share about the roadmap :slight_smile:

Exactly what I thought! Is there any update from Asanaā€™s side about adding this as a feature???

Itā€™s been a year since you closed this thread (with no explanation as to why even after stating you would update the thread with news for Timeline view and BTW promoting a subtask into a task is not a ā€œworkaroundā€ it is a change in activity level) so users have no voice, essentially burying the ask.

Continuing the discussion from The ability to show subtask in the timeline:

Maybe the Asana planning team have the development of this feature (subtasks in timeline) as a subtask ā€“ so it has never been properly scheduled. :rofl:

3 Likes