Time Tracking Integration Question

So I have a bit of an oddball scenario that I am trying to figure out.

We are a software development company that does a lot of outsourcing for agencies. We also bill their clients directly, we are not “Whitelabled” by the agency as if we were their own staff.

To further complicate matters, most if not all of the tasks/work given to us is based on fixed cost. So work order is sent in for a quote, we give quote…then we bill hours against that quote. If we quote 3 hours and it takes 15 mins…the client is still billed 3 hours.

I’m trying to figure out how to integrate a time tracking solution that can accomodate this. Basically I need to be able to set billing type (hourly vs fixed) at the task level instead of project level.

I was thinking Each agency would be its own team, and each client of that agency would be a project within that team…then the individual tasks would be the “tickets” or work requests from each.

Any insight at all would be seriously appreciated.

Hi :wave:
You can have three custom fields in your work projects, and for each task you could tell: Fixed versus hourly, hours sold, hours done. Would that work for you?

Hi @Matt_Doyle1, welcome to the Community Forum!

If you have a Premium Plan, as @Bastien_Siebman mentioned, you can use Custom Fields. We also offer different time tracking integration that can help you. Please find the full list in this article:

You can also find more information in this thread: Which Time Tracking App works best with Asana?

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.

1 Like