Time Tracking > Input Actual time > Calendar appears broken

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
The buttons for previous and next months are not working in Actual time > Enter time calendar so you cannot go to a date of a previous month because the arrows are not working and the dropdown lists months as far as one year ahead which makes no sense at all really; this is an actual time field, not estimated! Why would one report actual hours in the future? :thinking:

The only workaround is to manually type a date for a previous month in the calendar’s top field box at which point it will allow you to save. :exploding_head:

Steps to reproduce:

1. enable time tracking fields in a project
  2. click into an actual time field to add a value
  3. use the calendar to add a date
  4. cannot use left and right arrows to change months
  5. drop down does not contain the previous month

Browser version: Edge Version 113.0.1774.35 (Official build) (64-bit)

What version of Asana are you using (Basic/Premium/Business/Enterprise)? Business

Upload screenshots below:

If this has already been reported, apologies… please merge!

1 Like

Hi @Richard_Sather, thanks for flagging this. I could replicate it on my end, so I’m escalating the report to our Developers! Sorry for the trouble.

2 Likes

Hi @Richard_Sather, thank you for your report! Our developers have confirmed that the issue has been fixed. I’ve tested on my end and I can now use the arrows to select other months. Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks @Vanessa_N , indeed the left/right arrows work now.

However the dropdown list starts with the current month and continues to list all the upcoming months. Again, since a user is to input actual time, as in the past, I think it would make far more sense for the months in the dropdown list to go reverse, as in the past.

So if today I click on the calendar, I should see June 2023, May 2023, Apr 2023 and so on. Why would a user input actual time in July 2023 and so on?

Hi @Richard_Sather, that’s a great point, and I’ve passed this along to our Developers. They’ve acknowledged your feedback and added to their list list of future improvements. I do hope they can change this soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.