Thumbnail doesn't display when images are from google drive

Thank you so much for the quick reply @Philipp_von_Kunhardt,

I can’t seem to be able to reproduce the issue on my end, so before I file a bug with our development team, could you help me making sure the issue is not browser related? If you could just answer the two questions below it would be super useful:

1. Can you log into your asana account from an incognito window and let me know if you can reproduce the issue?
  2. Is this happening on 1 specific task, or multiple ones?

Thank you so much for your help, I look forward to your reply!

Hi Marie,
I logged in from a different browser (Firefox instead of Chrome).

- here’s the link to the task: Log in - Asana

One last question @Philipp_von_Kunhardt, was this “Operations Project” duplicated from another project? (Just asking because I got a similar case last week: Duplicated Projects with Attachments Do Not Show Thumbnail - #4 by Marie)

No, it was not. Just a brand new project.

Marie, did you have any update on this? Would love to see those thumbnails!
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Philipp_von_Kunhardt,

Just heard back from our Team who confirmed this should be fixed in the next couple of weeks! Will make sure to keep you posted here as soon as I have an update!

Hi Marie, looks like it’s still not working. Any update on this?

1 Like

Hi @Philipp_von_Kunhardt, and thanks for the follow-up!

The fix hasn’t yet been pushed but our team is aware of it; I’ll follow-up as soon as I have an update on this topic! Thanks for your patience and apologies for the inconvenience caused!

Yes, just realized this bug myself. Would definitely like a fix please.

mid-april 2020 and the issue it still there but with onedrive…

It doesn’t work with Dropbox either, although I’m pretty sure that it did work a few months ago.

june 2020 and still doesn’t work. This is a must for my team.

Any updates @Marie? It’s been 3 years.

Would love to see this feature as well. Our current workaround is to link to the Google Drive folder itself, but this doesn’t help in the case of attaching individual images and is still not as convenient as being able to see the thumbnails directly in Asana. Any updates on the status of this @Marie? Cheers.

HI @anon54307961, I don’t have an update on this specific topic, but we’re making progress with attachments (see: You can now embed attachments in your comments!) so hopefully this is something we can address soon!

September 2020. Still no fix???

Hi everyone! It seems to me that I can see previews for my Google Drive attachments within the specific comments that they are attached to, but there is no preview for those same files when I’m looking through the “Attachments” section of my task. It would be massively helpful to have the “Attachments” section of the task show previews, because if there are 20+ comments below, I don’t want to have to scroll through to look for previews. @Marie any chance this is something the team is working on?

Hi @Stefanie_Epstein, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We currently don’t have an update about this feature but we will make sure to keep you posted as soon as we have any news.

1 Like

So it’s now nearly May of 2021… I still can’t see thumbnail previews of any of my jpgs in the drive. There are a lot of photos to go through and I don’t fancy downloading all of them or pushing all of them through a third party converter (as suggested by the platform). Is this really going to get fixed?

1 Like

Soooooo, it would be really great to be able to see google drive previews.
I’ve been prompted to give asana permissions, some 20x times now, but I still have no previews. Any updates on this 4 year old bug report?

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.