This is how to REALLY COMPLETELY REMOVE a team member IF YOU'RE ON THE FREE PLAN!

For some reason the topics here on how to remove a team member only show an option that bizarrely isn’t available to free members (can’t see how this is a paid premium feature and not an obvious basic operational one, but hey). So I reached out to support on email, and here’s how to do it (it took me weeks searching for this in comments etc but it wasn’t there, so hope it helps):

"This error message appears, because the Admin Console is only available for our paid customers.

Since you are in a free Organization, you will need to follow the below outlined process in order to remove them from an Organization:

1. Access any team’s Settings from the sidebar
  2. Navigate to the Members Tab
  3. Invite this person you want to remove
  4. Immediately after inviting, find their name in the Members List, and use your mouse to hover over their name
  5. Click Remove
  6. Then, click Remove Access
  7. Finally, click Deprovision

Note that it is 3 clicks: Remove > Remove Access > Deprovision

You must click all 3. The second click removes the person from the team, and the third click fully removes them from your Organization."

18 Likes

Thank you for sharing @Andressa! I am certain someone will be on here looking for the answer in the future and your post will save them a lot of time and effort!

Cheers,
Matt

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing the steps here, @Andressa! :slight_smile: Customers can also find this steps in this guide article: Setting up an organization in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.