For some reason the topics here on how to remove a team member only show an option that bizarrely isn’t available to free members (can’t see how this is a paid premium feature and not an obvious basic operational one, but hey). So I reached out to support on email, and here’s how to do it (it took me weeks searching for this in comments etc but it wasn’t there, so hope it helps):
"This error message appears, because the Admin Console is only available for our paid customers.
Since you are in a free Organization, you will need to follow the below outlined process in order to remove them from an Organization:
- Access any team’s Settings from the sidebar
- Navigate to the Members Tab
- Invite this person you want to remove
- Immediately after inviting, find their name in the Members List, and use your mouse to hover over their name
- Click Remove
- Then, click Remove Access
- Finally, click Deprovision
Note that it is 3 clicks: Remove > Remove Access > Deprovision
You must click all 3. The second click removes the person from the team, and the third click fully removes them from your Organization."