The count of tasks in reports desn't match the number of tasks in the search

Hello :slight_smile:

We’ve been organizing specific Asana Clean Up Days to get rid of silly tasks, not asigned tasks or not planned tasks. And now we’ve started to use reporting dashboards for having these metrics and see how Clean Up Days work for improving these numbers.

We’re using charts which just show the number, and the count doesn’t match with the number of tasks in the search.

Thank this as an example. We created a chart for “open tasks in projects belonging to Monica”, the chart it says that there are 1118 tasks. We click the number and the list counts just 64 of them. I was guessing that the reason could be that there would be some private tasks, but we’ve checked with Monica and she just sees 70 tasks.

So we don’t really know which number to trust. Are we doing anything wrong?

Thank you!


1 Like

Hi @Lucia_Araluce, thanks for flagging this!

I’ve gone ahead and escalated this to our Product team to look into further. As soon as I have any updates, I’ll let you know :slight_smile:

1 Like

:yellow_heart::yellow_heart: Thnak you!

Sadly that happens/happened often and with my partner @Julien_RENAUD we don’t always trust the reporting because of this :frowning:

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Dashboard Chart Sum not Working (Zero Sum)

I’m using a Multilevel pivot for this, but right now, it doesn’t seem to allow me to show differing counts. I can only show the number of tasks overdue, but not another column that shows the number of tasks total (both due and overdue).