The Asana automation bible: all the triggers and actions from Asana, Zapier, Flowsana, Make.com

I missed the news but Automate got acquired by Notion and will be discontinued
https://automate.io/blog/closing-down-automate-io/

3 Likes

The post was updated to remove Automate.

1 Like

The post was updated today to add new Flowsana and Zapier triggers and actions :muscle:

3 Likes

Dear asana and flowsana gurus!
I know that new flowsana capabilities are now extended to subtasks, however I can’t figure out how to do this.
If… then… rule with subtasks.
What I need is:

• If a CERTAIN subtasks gets complited
  • Then another subtask gets added to the task.

Is this possible? Thank you in advance!
Maria I

Like Asana’s rules, Flowsana rules can’t be created to apply only to specific tasks (or subtasks), sorry.

We sorted the triggers and actions alphabetically to make it easier to search!

1 Like

The trouble with Zapier’s “Updated Task in Project” is: it’s not reliable. It seems only certain things will randomly trigger the Zap. For example, adding a tag doesn’t seem to reliably trigger the Zap. Even adding a comment/story can be hit-or-miss. One more sure-fire way is to assign the task to someone else.

1 Like

Did you find any doc somewhere as to what they are using to define a task has been updated?

Amazing! As an advanced user, this is by far the most valuable (as in priceless!) information I’ve seen! Truly appreciate you for taking the time to put this together and sharing it with us.

1 Like

My team at iDO released an Asana native action called “Outgoing web request”, in addition to Asana releasing an “Incoming Web Request” trigger. It means you can have an automation start in Zapier and finish in Asana, or start in Asana and finish in Zapier (& co).

You can find our action in the “External” tab of the action view in the Rule editor!

1 Like

This sounds exciting @Bastien_Siebman - Does this require a subscription? I do not see this action; see screenshot. Thanks!

It does not require a subscription. The action I mentioned is called “Outgoing Web Request”, you are looking at our other set of actions.

@Bastien_Siebman Sorry, I’m still not able to find this action. What I do is, inside a project:

Customize → Add app → add iDO Things

then

Customize → Add Rule → Create custom rule → Add action → External actions

All the actions I see are the ones on the list in my previous post. Clicking “Show more” under the iDO heading, or entering the action name in the search box doesn’t help. I am doing something wrong, or is this a new feature that hasn’t been rolled out to everyone?

Thanks!

You don’t see this?
Don’t search for iDO :slight_smile:

iDO has been added to the project…

Other iDO actions (the ones that I see) work, such as “Mark task as approval” or “Cancel task…”. I do notice though that the iDO actions in my Asana have a different icon than in your screenshot?

Ok maybe my app wasn’t released properly… @lpb @Phil_Seeman do you see my “Outgoing Web Request” app?

I don’t see it, @Bastien_Siebman. I thought I saw it a few days ago when you had first mentioned it (if I recall correctly), but I do not see it this morning.

Thanks,

Larry

For whatever reason my app was back to “Ready to publish”, it is now published again!

2 Likes

@Bastien_Siebman - working like a charm, thank you :smile:

1 Like

Hey Guys. Anyone know which automation platform allows for a task to move based on a trigger from another app?

Before automate.io sunset, we could move a task to a specific section when we shipped an order in Shipstation. We had it set up to find the task, and when it found the task, it moved the task to the appropriate section of a project. This automation saved us a lot of time. Any thoughts?