The ability to sort or reorder projects from the Timeline View within Portfolios

I was told that by default, the first project added to the Portfolio will appear at the top of the timeline, and all projects you enter after will be listed below.

However, this doesn’t appear to be my experience while I agree that if projects are added to a Portfolio manually they should be listed from top to bottom, with the most recent on the bottom. This supports the idea that the project added later is being worked on later thus supporting the natural flow of a gantt chart. I believe the order of how project are added should be reversed yet would also love to have filtering capabilities as mentioned here: Sort or Filter Timeline within a Portfolio

Hi @LEGGO :wave: and thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

I was doing some tests regarding this topic and you should be able to reorder your Projects from the Projects Tab in your Portfolio. That would also modify the order in the Timeline View.

I hope this helps! have a great weekend! :slight_smile:

Hello @Natalia!

I just tested this and while I can sort from the Projects View, I am not seeing a change in the Timeline View. When unsorted, I show projects get added to the top of the list and this is the order it always shows from the Timeline view. Please advise. I am not sure what I am doing wrong if you are experiencing something differently.

Have a great weekend as well! :wink:

Happy Monday @LEGGO!

Sorry for the confusion here. The workaround I have provided works when manually reordering your Projects in the Project Tab (this order is also reflected in the Timeline view). You are correct when saying that the Sorting option is not reflected in Timeline view.

I hope this clarify the issue Jerod but please let me know if you have any follow-up question! :slight_smile: