Text Populating Slowly Onscreen? Help

I use Asana extensively via Firefox browser version 55.0.3 on an iMac running OS X El Capitan. Lately I’ve encountered a nagging problem where text populates on screen painfully slow in each tasks primary description field. I create a new task and type the description. As I’m typing the letters seem to populate on screen on a delay. I can type 5 word phrases and look at the screen for up to 45 seconds before the text appears before my eyes.

I’ve cleared cookies and cache, restarted my machine, and nothing seems to speed up this one area of Asana. I’d hate to migrate all of my account/tasks to another service, but this little hiccup is negatively affecting my daily work flow.

Has anyone else encountered or solved this issue?

2 Likes

Hi Adam,

Thanks for calling this out. This sounds like a performance related bug. I’ve notified our product team. Hopefully we’ll see a solution for this shortly!

Thanks,
Alexis

This is still an issue, typing in anything in asana is slow. It’s actually easier for me to edit first in notepad and paste the text into a task, than try typing into a task.

As a productivity app it should be waiting for me and not the other way around.

3 Likes

Is there any solution for this? I’m consistently getting the same lagging behavior when typing. Also using Firefox.

2 Likes

We’re seeing the same thing.
We run Chrome 69 - 71

2 Likes

Same issue sill happening on Mac-Safari.

2 Likes

Same issue observed on Safari (Latest Version)
MacOS Mojave (Latest Prod Build).

2 Likes

Hi @Abhi_H and welcome to the Forum!

So sorry for the trouble here, let’s see if we can fix this together!

1. Could you please log into Asana from a private window? Are you running into the same issue
  2. Could you also try to log into Asana from another browser (like Chrome)? Are you still experiencing some lag when typing?

Looking forward to your reply!

This is happening to me too. Running Safari version 12.0.3 on a 2018 MacBook Pro.

Entering text is so painfully slow it’s comical. I type and then watch as it’s slooooowly entered on the page, waiting to see if I was good enough to enter the whole paragraph without any typos. I can understand if I was on an old machine or running an outdated browser, but all the most recent versions of Safari should be supported.

1 Like

Hi @Steven_Schlotterbeck and apologies for the inconvenience.

Could you please verify if you’re running in the same issue with a private window? if you don’t the issue is probably linked to an extension installed on your browser!

Looking forward to your reply :slight_smile:

Same issue for me, I am a PM with more than 50 projects and I am often having to wait up to 45 seconds for the comments to populate. This is NOT good and this is the only discussion on this issue. I need help and fast. I have the most recent version of Chrome, I repeatedly clear all Cache, and I have no extensions. I work on two computers, each with the same configuration. Please help!

Hi @jbirkes and thanks for reaching out.

Sounds like you’re being impacted by this bug: Task name entry is throttled which our team is currently investigating. please keep an eye on this other thread for updates!

Same issue here in Safari. Can’t believe it is taking ASANA this long to fix an issue which must be considered as CRITICAL. This is a base requirement of the tool…of any tool.