Template is not copying dates correctly.

I have project templates that have been copying the dates and date sequences correctly when using the templates to create new projects. Now the dates are all mixed up and in wrong sequences when I create a new project with the same templates. (eg. instead of Monday, Monday, Tuesday, Tuesday,… it’s not all Mondays). The templates have the correct dates/sequences but won’t copy correctly. How to fix this?

Welcome :wave:
When you create the project, are you prompted with a choice before shifting start date and end date?

Hey Bastien, yes it asks me to choose a start date and usually according to the date I pick, it generates the right sequence of dates for the entire project. But now it doesn’t stick to that sequence of dates.

Thanks a lot, that must be a bug then! cc @Marie

Hi @vilma and welcome to the Forum! :wave: I’m sorry to hear you are running through this issue.

Just to fully understand what you are experiencing here, could you please answer the following questions:

1. Are you trying to copy the exact same start/enddate from the template?
  2. If no, are you changing the date but trying to maintain the day for the task to be completed?
  3. Could you also confirm the steps you are following when creating this new project?

Looking forward to your reply! :grinning:

I’m closing this thread since we haven’t heard back from you @vilma, but please let me know if you’re still running into trouble!

Have a great Wednesday! :grinning:

Dear Natalia,

Sorry, I was on vacation. The problem is not fixed, unfortunately.

Answering your question:

1. Are you trying to copy the exact same start/enddate from the template? No, new project therefore new sequence of dates.
  2. If no, are you changing the date but trying to maintain the day for the task to be completed? Correct, I want the same days, in the same order.
  3. Could you also confirm the steps you are following when creating this new project? 1. Click on “plus sign” to “add project” 2. Choose template. 3. Edit project name 4. Choose start date 5. Click on Create project
    This has been the way that I have created these projects before, but now for some reason, the dates won’t copy anymore. Before the issue that I reported was that the date sequence/order is not correct anymore, at this point, actually, the dates are deleted completely! They show for about 30 seconds in the new project and then disappear?!

I hope you can help me asap, since this is a very time-consuming manual task to fix (going through all tasks and add due dates manually!)

Thank you,

Vilma

HI @VIlma! Thank you for getting back to us!

We have received similar reports of users experiencing this same problem and our team is starting to investigate this issue. We will keep you posted in this thread as soon as we have an update about it.

Again, thank you so much for reporting this and thank you so much for your patience while we work on resolving it!

Hi folks :wave:t3:

Quick update to let you know that our team has pushed a fix for this issue. The fix is currently in Beta and should be available to everyone in the next couple of hours!

Thank you for your reports and patience while our team worked on a resolution :heart:

Marking this bug resolved in the Forum, but please let me know if continue running into the same issue tomorrow!

6 Likes

Hi there, hope this message finds you well. Cathya here from the Asana Support Team.

I just wanted to quickly follow up in regards to the existing Bug with Template Project dates you reported earlier.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation with this issue we experienced. Our Engineers investigated the issue at hand and launched a fix. Everything should be back up and running now.

If you’re still experiencing issues can you try refreshing your browser? Hope this helps! Of course, If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Kind regards,
Cathya

3 Likes

Dear Asana team,

This issue is still not resolved in all of the templates. With some project templates it’s back to generating dates normally, with others it’s still out of order. What can I do to fix this? It’s a lot of manual work to change and update dates for 3-month projects… I hope we can resolve this asap.

Thanks,

Vilma

Sorry for the late reply @vilma! Sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this issue.

I would recommend reaching out directly to our support team who will be able to assist you further with this! To reach out to the Team, simply follow the steps below:

1. Access asana.com/support
  2. Select “I’m having trouble with”
  3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select “Let’s chat”

Please, let me know if there is anything else I can help you with! Have a nice day!