Template due dates - automatically shift if one date is changed?

If you have a project that uses a template with set start and end dates, and you change the date of one task, will it automatically change the due dates for all remaining tasks based on how many days the original due date is altered?
For example:

• Task #1 (on the project start date) has a due date of 1/1/2021

• Task #99 (on the project end date) has a due date of 04/01/2021 (total time projected for this template is 3 months, every time it’s used)

• I change the due date on task #20 to reflect a date one week later than the standard template date.

Will tasks #21-#99 all have their due dates moved by one week because a task within project has changed?

Thanks!

Hi @anon82525205. This is not yet an option. Check out this thread for more discussion around this capability and add your vote for this feature request: Project Templates- Dynamic Due Dates (T+) - #77 by Sam_sommers

Another option is to check out Dynamic Duration workflow type of Flowsana integration. This will do exactly what you are asking. @Phil_Seeman can help you out here.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info. Not really interested in adding/paying for another program to “help” Asana along. Trying to keep my company from switching from Asana to Monday.com and dynamic due dates and dependency notifications are the 2 big draws to Monday.com. Thanks again.

3 Likes

Same thoughts here Wilma

Has anyone had issues with this? I cannot get dates to auto-shift, are there any good how to videos or blogs on it? What subscription level does it require? I have every task in my project set up as a dependent to something else but when I shift the preceding task the depended task due date does not change.

Hi @anon97759265 and welcome to the forum,

Are you following the procedures and limitations here:

Most notably, be aware that you have to make the change specifically on the Timeline view, and that dependencies will only shift if they overlap with the predecessor task you’re moving.