Team Members Who Are Deleted Are Still Showing

I have deleted team members but they are still showing in the drop down when i try assign tasks

Hey @Juice_Group!

It’s possible that you removed them from a team (in a free Organization), but did not remove them from the Organization itself. If that’s the case, they may not show in any teams, but will still appear in the typeahead when you’re assigning tasks.

To fully remove these members from your Organization, simply follow the steps below:

1. Access any team’s Settings from the sidebar: How to Create, Join, and Manage teams in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide
  2. Navigate to the Members tab
  3. Invite this person you want to remove: How to Create, Join, and Manage teams in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide
  4. Immediately after inviting, find their name in the Members list, and use your mouse to hover over their name
  5. Click Remove
  6. Then, click Remove Access
  7. Finally, click Deprovision

Note that it is 3 clicks: Remove > Remove Access > Deprovision

You must click all 3. The second click removes the person from the team, and the third click fully removes them from your Organization. If you need to, you can also have a look at the GIF in this article: Setting up an organization in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

After removing users, they remain in the system. How do I permanently delete them?
The settings show 4 users, and in the assignment to task 6.

Hi @Stanislav_Neprokin! Marie here from Asana. Just merging your post with Team Members Who Are Deleted Are Still Showing to avoid having to many duplicates. Can you try the steps I outlined in this post?

Hi, Mari.
Thanks for your tips. I have followed the steps. I could delet a member “CM”, and create another. But that one I have deleted still shows in the ballon. Is anoying… (kkk).
I have just one CM as member, but two ballons CM. I am pretty sure it it an anomalie and I can not solve by myself.
I should send an email/request to ASANA support, but I don´t have the address. Do you have email address to ask support to Asana?

My best regards,
Fabi

Hi @Fabiane_Cunha and thanks for the follow-up!

You can reach to our support team following this path: Asana Support - Help Center • Asana > “Im having trouble with” > Scroll down and click on Let’s chat.

Have a great Monday!

Thanks so much! It worked.

Great news @kim5 :tada:

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
I am trying to assign the task to the person. And I still see deleted user in the list of possible people in my app.

Steps to reproduce:
Try to assign a task to a person.

Browser version:
Mobile android app

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Kirill_Mazur and welcome to the Forum!:wave:

Thank you for taking time to report this. It’s possible that you removed them from a team, but did not remove them from the Organization itself. To fully remove these members from your Organization, simply follow the steps outlined in this post Team Members Who Are Deleted Are Still Showing

I hope this helps! Please, let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

PS: I’m merging this post to the main thread regarding this topic to avoid duplications. I hope it’s OK.

I tried your suggested solution but it didn’t work. When I invited the member again, I was able to click on “Remove” then “Remove Access” but the “Deprovision” button does not show at all. This is really annoying. The member keeps appearing in the member lists when I tag someone and I don’t really wish to invite that member again to be able to remove him. I tired it as per your suggestion and it didn’t work. Any other tips?

HI @Rami_Zebian,

If this doesn’t work I would recommend reaching out to our support team with the following information, they will be able to take a closer look into this for you:

• Email address of the user you’re trying to remove
  • Screenshots of what you’re seeing when trying to remove this user

god dang this is pretty bad. essentially you have to send them a new invitation in order to deprovision them. super awkward when people have been fired.

1 Like