Team Members can't edit the Project Status Summary although they have Edit Permissions

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Only the owner can update the Status Summary. Although they have Edit permissions, they do not see the Edit option for the Status Summary.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Click Status (e.g., On Track)
  2. Click on Status Summary Summary
  3. Click on 3 dots

Only Print Status Update and Create. The Edit option does not appear.

Browser version:
Chrome Version 90.0.4430.212 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

1 Like

Hi @anon65997743, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

I can confirm that this is not a bug and is currently working as expected. Only the creator of the message will be able to make edits once posted. :slight_smile:

I hope clarifies this for you! :slight_smile:

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for the swift reply. It creates a snag for us. For our project, we have multiple workstreams with each having its own owner making up the project. We wanted our workstream owners to update their own section of the project status summary rather than have all these multiple summaries that have to be pulled together for a project sprint update. I had hoped the response would be that it’s available in the premium version or it was a security setting that we missed. If there’s another idea that would work, please let me know. We can’t be the only people who need to do this and we’re newbies to Asana.

Cheers,

Jayne Logan

Jayne.Logan@cvshealth.com

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.