Tasks re-appearing as incomplete after they had been marked completed

Hi All,

My team loves using asana but recently we have been finding tasks that were marked as completed are re-appearing as overdue and incomplete in our task lists. There doesn’t seem to be anything in common with the tasks that are re-appearing - they can be from last week or a couple of months ago and are not reoccurring tasks.

Has anyone come across this before and have any details around what might be causing it? (e.g. something to do with how the task was originally set up?).

Thank you for your help.

They are not recurring tasks?

Hi @Jessica_Van_Kempen and welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t3: I agree with @Bastien_Siebman, it sounds like these tasks are repeating tasks! You can easily check it by looking at the new tasks due dates; if you see the little arrow next to due date, it means your task is set to repeat. You can learn more about recurring tasks in this handy article: How to Complete Task Fields in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

Hope this helps!

Hi Marie, Thank you so much for your help with this. These tasks are a mix of recurring and non recurring tasks. With the recurring task when they reappear they are coming back for a date that has already been marked completed e.g. we have tasks from July that are coming back marked in red and it is also appearing in the current month.

Thanks for the follow up and sorry for the trouble @Jessica_Van_Kempen. In order to help you further, I’d need to take a look at the tasks in question; I think our support team would be in a better position to help here. Could you please reach out to them with URLs of these recurring tasks + screenshots?

Sorry for not being able to help further there!