Tasks have wrong time. Daylight Saving Time has shifted tasks an hour later

I am seeing that today is showing as the 16th. And not the 15th like it should be showing.

Hi Spencer - are you still seeing this issue? The Asana time frame is determined by the time indicated in your browser. So, Iā€™d start by checking your browser settings.

I am also experiencing this issue. This has nothing to do with browser settings. The browser version AND the iOS app are both showing 1 hour ahead since the DST adjustment.

The only way I have found to circumvent this is to disable DST on my computer and phone and manually set the time. This is very inconvenient, as I will have to adjustment my time manually on all of my devices (desktop computer, laptop, iPad and iPhone) that support automatic time adjustment for DST. It doesnā€™t get more inconvenience than that. The only devices Iā€™d like to adjustment manually are the analog clocks in my apartment.

Asana should not be causing an inconvenience. Instead, Asana should be providing a resolution ā€” a clear bug fix. There should be a setting in Asana that allows for the automatic time adjustment for countries operating with DST. This seems like an issue that should be VERY easy to fix with a VERY quick turnaround. Just get it done!

2 Likes

What is going on with this? Where is the support, Asana?

Hi Mark! Weā€™re sorry to hear this is still an issue for you. Our product team is aware of the bug and weā€™re hoping to have an update for you soon. Thanks so much for your patience.

cc moderators @Michael_A and @Marie

1 Like

Hello,

Almost one month has gone by? Any updates?

1 Like

Hello,

One more week has gone by and this is still very frustrating. Where is the support?

@Alexis @Michael_A @Marie

Hi @Mark-David - I appreciate how concerning this must be for you. Unfortunately we donā€™t have an update on this bug yet. I hope weā€™ll see something come through soon.

@Alexis - I opened a support ticket regarding this issue in November of 2015. At that time, I receive the following responses:

Thanks for your reply, I completely understand what you mean. I have now raised this issue to our team.

At the moment itā€™s not possible to adjust due times to correspond with Daylight Savings time, but I completely understand where youā€™re coming from and how this can be annoying.

Considering this bug has been reported for 2.5 years and creates a lot of extra work to correct twice a year, could you provide more information on the priority of this fix?

1 Like

Hi Benjamin,

I do appreciate your concern here. Unfortunately Iā€™m unable to provide more information beyond what I already have. I assure you the team is aware. If youā€™d like to discuss more specifics around this issue and your personal account, our support team will be happy to help you one-on-one. Feel free to reach out to them at Asana Support - Help Center ā€¢ Asana.

Best,
Alexis

@Alexis It looks like this problem has arisen again. Has Asana made any progress on the bug fix?

@Alexis weā€™re seeing the same problem again. This has nothing to do with my computersā€™ Date/Time clock settings.

Asana is the only thing not adjusting to the time change

Alexis is no longer in the community. @Marie might be able to help.

1 Like

@Marie this issue has been going on for years with little more than a brush-off by Asana. Can you help? We have a lot of recurring tasks that have to be adjusted twice a year when the clocks roll back/forward.

Hi @Chris_Wyatt & @JRobi, and thanks for the mention @Crystal_Alifanow :slight_smile:

Our Team has pushed a fix for this issue, it seems to work for most of our users, with a few exceptions. Can I ask you both to reach out to our support team with screenshots and URLs of tasks affected? Our support team is gathering info to help our Development team figuring out how to solve the issue for everyone.

Many thanks!

I have escalated several of my examples. Near as I can tell, this has only impacted my recurring tasks. Non-recurring tasks with due date times show the correct times.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help and cooperation @JRobi, really appreciate it!

I submitted URLs and a screenshot to support. Case # 649606

1 Like

Cheers Chris! Really appreciate your help!