Tasks duplicated after rescheduling project on Timeline

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

Steps to reproduce:

1. I have a project with sections, tasks, dependencies etc. On Timeline I selected the whole project and shifted it to the right, in order to reschedule to a later period.

2. In My Tasks (mine and my colleagues’) the tasks of this project have been duplicated: the old ones (old dates) connected to no project, and the new ones (in the re-scheduled period) connected to the project.

This should not happen, I wanted to reschedule my project, not duplicate the tasks.
What’s the best way to clean this up? I prefer not to have to bother all concerned colleagues and asking to manually clean-up their May Tasks.

Browser version: Safari 13.0.1

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Frank_Sonck and thanks for writing in!

Could you please share the URL of one of these tasks with their duplicate so we can take a look into this for you?

Looking forward to your reply!

Hi Marie,
In the My Tasks list of a colleague:
this is the ‘old’ task: https://app.asana.com/0/0/1148286215743689/f
And the rescheduled task: https://app.asana.com/0/1145997701633578/1146230272836654/f
Regards,
Frank

Thanks for this info @Frank_Sonck,

This URL doesn’t seem to return anything on my end, can you make sure you’re on the task itself when copy/pasting?

That’s strange because I can click and open that url. See screenshot please.

You can see in the first screenshot that this task is not connected to any project. In the new screenshot you see the same - rescheduled - tasks, which is now connected to the (correct) project.

Hi Marie. Do you have suggestions as to how to deal with this issue please?
Regards,
Frank

Hi @Frank_Sonck and thank you for the additional information. In order to investigate this issue further, I would recommend you to reach out directly to our support team who will be in a better position to assist you with this. You can reach out to them following these steps: How do I contact support

To speed things up, make sure to provide them with:

• The URL of this thread so you don’t need to re-explain everything.
  • The URL of both tasks (old and rescheduled)

So sorry for not being able to help you resolve this via Forum, but The Support Team will be more equipped to troubleshoot this with you. Have a great week Frank!

2 Likes