Tasks aren't being imported in my project with new CSV importer

Any updates Marie?

I have now been unable to upload a new project for almost a month. This is hampering my progress on my project.

Would be great to know when I will be able to upload a CSV again successfully and continue.

Hi @Jessie_Tomkins,

We’ve received other similar reports, and our team is currently investigating. Unfortunately, I don’t have an update at the moment, but I’m following this task and will make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have an update! So sorry for the trouble here!

Hi Marie,

Any update on this issue? It has been over a month since this issue first occurred.

My team and I will be looking at leaving the Asana platform if this isn’t sorted soon as we are unable to create our projects any other way as the template option does not work for us to recreate our very detailed projects year to year.

I have my fingers crossed there is a solution shortly.

I’ve just pinged the bug I filed on your behalf to ask for an update @Jessie_Tomkins, so sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

1 Like

@Jessie_Tomkins, in order to help us with our investigations could you try the two following things?

1. Could you check if your colleagues (in the same Org) are having the same issue, or if you’re the only one impacted?

2. Could you also check if this is happening when you try to use another CSV file?

Looking forward to your reply, and thank you so much for your help, we really appreciate it!

Thanks for following up Marie.

1. Yes we are all having the same issue.

2. It is happening for all CSV files.

The issue happened when the switch over to the new Asana happened recently. I uploaded a CSV successfully the day before the switch happened and then when I went to import the next project the next day I was unable to.

1 Like

Thanks @Jessie_Tomkins, I’ve passed this info to our team and will be in touch as soon as I hear from them. Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

Hello - we are also having the same issue. We have well over 5,000+ tasks that need to import and we cannot do this manually. We are having exactly the same issue.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report @Brandon_Steiger, any chance you could DM me a screencast? If so, here are a few recommendations:

To send me a DM, simply click on my name above this message and select “Message”

In your video screencast, we recommend that you use a Chrome Incognito window and have your Javascript console open:

Try to include the entire browser window, including URL bar, in the video screencast.

Thanks for your help!

Happy Monday @Marie!

Any updates? Now at month and a half of waiting for this to be fixed.

Hi @Jessie_Tomkins,

I’ve asked an update to our team and will update you here as soon as they get back to me. On you end, could you try logging into your account from another browser and verify wether or not you’re having the same issue? Thank you so much for your patience and cooperation here!

@Marie the issue is the same regardless of what browser or even what computer (I’ve tried 6 different ones in different office locations!). I tried this before I even flagged this as an issue on this thread.

I appreciate you following up however it seems like this is not a priority for Asana at all which is disappointing as you’ve asked “the team” several times and have been waiting for updates for weeks.

Thanks for your patience @Jessie_Tomkins.

We looked into your specific case and it appears that the CSV file you’re trying to import contains too many subtasks level. The maximum number of subtask level currently supported by Asana is 5 so I would recommend setting up your CSV file accordingly!

Again so sorry for the delay in responding to you Jessie. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with!

1 Like

Hi @Marie,

I have been back through my CSV twice and I can’t seem to locate were I have gone past the limit of 5 subtask levels. I can actually only see that is goes to 3 subtask levels.

Would be great to have some more information about where this is going to deep so I can fix as I cannot find the issue currently.

Thanks.

I’m having the exact same issue. And in my case the project has only 133 tasks, and just one layer of sub-tasks. I’m trying to import a csv file exported by Asana itself.

Very frustrating. I’d think this functionality was as basic as it gets.

@Adam_S1, I would highly recommend reaching out to our support team with the following info:

• URL of the project you’re trying to upload your tasks into
  • Your CSV file

They will be able to take a closer look into this for you!

@Marie,
No reply at all to me?
Why did I wait months for an answer that wasn’t really an answer or solution at all? And you have now referred Adam to a support team I never was sent to?
I have been trying to upload my project since mid September. This is ridiculous.

Hi @Jessie_Tomkins,

Our team looked specifically into your issue and found that it was directly related to the number of subtask levels in your CSV. I know this info can be hard to track if your CSV contains a lot of tasks, but I would highly recommend you to take another look into it to see if you can identify where your level of subtasks goes above 5. I haven’t referred you to our support team because they, unfortunately, won’t be able to investigate further than we already did, however, just like all Asana users, you can reach out to them following these steps too: https://forum.asana.com/t/how-do-i-contact-support/19057/7.