Task Templates in Salesforce

Can task templates be used when creating a task from Salesforce?

I do not have the upgraded version of Asana to make task templates, but I don’t want to upgrade unless I can use the templates from Salesforce.

Hi @Megan_Lippincott, thanks for reaching out!

Task templates are custom templates which you create yourself within Projects. You can use task Templates to set the following details:

• Task type (Task, Milestone or Approval)
  • Assignee
  • Relative due date
  • All custom fields
  • Task description
  • Collaborators
  • Subtasks

It is not currently possible to import task templates from another software.

I hope this clarifies this for you! :slight_smile:

Thanks Rebecca!

1 Like

Hi @Rebecca_McGrath :wave:

Is there any documentation that I could follow for this specific topic?

I would like to be able to create Asana tasks out of Salesforce and for them to be populated automatically with certain information from Salesforce fields. However, from what I see, I am only able to link new templates to New Project creation? How could I do this for tasks under existing projects?

Many thanks!

Hi @anon68071488, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

You can find lots of resources for Asana + Salesforce in our Help guide. Check it out here:

I hope thus helps!

Hi @Rebecca_McGrath :wave:
Thank you very much for your reply. I have already checked the guide and, unfortunately, it doesn’t answer my questions. I am looking to populate Asana Task fields straight out of Salesforce (sync fields).

Opportunity name in Salesforce to be populated in the Opp Name in Asana, not as rich preview in the comments section :slight_smile:

Thanks for getting back to me, @anon68071488! In this case, I’d suggest reaching out to our Support team for further guidance. You can contact them by following these steps: How to contact our Support Team ✉

I hope this helps!

Hey @anon68071488,

You could accomplish what you’re looking to do with an integration solution such as Unito or Zapier. Zapier is free and only syncs in one direction so it can be a pain to get set up and Unito has a free trial, takes 5 minutes to set up and syncs in both directions so you won’t ever end up missing information when you need it.

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.