Task Navigation hotkey

I’m looking for a hotkey to quickly get my cursor to show up in my list of tasks in the “My Tasks” screen.

Example scenario:

• I have “Home” selected in the left hand rail
  • I use Tab+z to navigate to “My Tasks”
  • I want to use my keyboard to quickly get my cursor to show up at the start of my top task

Example 2:

• I am editing a task’s description in the right-hand details pane
  • I press esc, closing the details pane (my cursor disappears from view)
  • I want to use my keyboard to quickly get my cursor to show up at the start of the task I was just editing (really I just want it there by default…)

The best solution I’ve found (outside of reaching for my mouse…gasp) is using tab and shift+tab to get my cursor to show back up. There are 2 problems with this approach:

1. it requires hitting shift + tab and tab multiple times
  2. the behavior is inconsistent. Sometimes tab, shift+tab, shift+tab gets the cursor to appear. Sometimes the sequence is tab, shift+tab, shift+tab, shift+tab. Unpredictability = frustration.

This navigation seems crucial to moving around the Asana “My Tasks” screen efficiently. Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Like

Hi @Justin_Pines and welcome to the Forum!

I personally don’t heavily rely on shortcuts (but should definitely use Tab+Z more often!). I took a look at our list of shortcuts to see if I could find a solution to help, but it doesn’t look we have a shortcut to refocus your cursor but if you haven’t yet, I’d recommend adding your vote to Auto-focus on My Task list after using Tab+Z.

1 Like