I’m looking for a hotkey to quickly get my cursor to show up in my list of tasks in the “My Tasks” screen.
- I have “Home” selected in the left hand rail
- I use Tab+z to navigate to “My Tasks”
- I want to use my keyboard to quickly get my cursor to show up at the start of my top task
- I am editing a task’s description in the right-hand details pane
- I press esc, closing the details pane (my cursor disappears from view)
- I want to use my keyboard to quickly get my cursor to show up at the start of the task I was just editing (really I just want it there by default…)
The best solution I’ve found (outside of reaching for my mouse…gasp) is using tab and shift+tab to get my cursor to show back up. There are 2 problems with this approach:
- it requires hitting shift + tab and tab multiple times
- the behavior is inconsistent. Sometimes tab, shift+tab, shift+tab gets the cursor to appear. Sometimes the sequence is tab, shift+tab, shift+tab, shift+tab. Unpredictability = frustration.
This navigation seems crucial to moving around the Asana “My Tasks” screen efficiently. Thanks in advance for your help!