Task is being unassigned when making a subtask

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

I am viewing “My Tasks” and I have two tasks assigned to me (Task A and Task B). While on the “My Tasks” screen, I make Task A a subtask of Task B. Task A becomes unassigned.

Task A should not be unassigned. If Task A was in Project A and Task B was in Project B and I executed the above (making Task A a subtask of Task B), then when Project A is reviewed it would appear Task A would not have an owner.

I can replicate this with the drag-and-drop method and the “Make subtask of” functionality only through the “My Task” view.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create Task A in a project
  2. Create Task B in a project
  3. Assign Task A and Task B to yourself
  4. Go to “My Tasks”
  5. Make Task A a subtask of Task B
  6. Note: Task A becomes an unassigned subtask under Task B

Browser version: Chrome 76.0.3809.132

Upload screenshots below:

1 Like

Hi @Benjamin_Ragan and thank you so much for raising this issue, I’m also able to reproduce on my end, so I’ve gone ahead and filed a Bug for our Team to investigate. I’ll keep you posted here as soon as I have an update on my end. Thanks again for taking the time to report this issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

HI @Benjamin_Ragan and thanks for your patience.

Our Team just looked into this and confirmed that because of how our data model works, this is currently an expected behavior on our end. With that in mind, I understand this doesn’t make sense to users and appears like a bug. Our team is planning to drastically improve the subtasks experience in the next year or so, and they’re hoping to fix this behavior at this occasion. I don’t have a precise timeline to share yet, but I’ll make sure to post in the Forum as soon as I have more news!