Task detail view is lost when clicking to the right of the vertical scroll bar

Hello,

I like to look at my Asana tasks in the full detail view. To get to this view, I can go to My Tasks and click on one of the tasks on the page. Once the task is displayed on the right pane, I can change the URL by adding “/f” to the end. This gives me the full detail view of the task. So far so good.

Some of my tasks have a lot comments and I often need to do a lot of vertical scrolling. Although it is the full detail view, there is a lot of empty space between the vertical scroll bar and the right edge of the page. If I happen to miss the scroll bar and click on the empty space between the scroll bar and the right edge of the page, the page reverts to the My Task view with the task detail showing only on the right pane. This also happens if I click on the empty space to the left of the task detail. Once that happens, I need to get back to the full detail view and scroll back down to where I want to be!! This can be very disorienting since I’m now at the top of the task detail and not where I was before.

Can you please fix this? Thank you.

John

Hi @John_K_Lau and welcome to the Forum!

This is an expected behavior and was designed to quickly allow you to exit the focus view, with that said I completely understand what you’re saying here. I don’t believe we’re planning to change this behavior any time soon, but I’ll keep you posted here if I hear anything! One tip that might help is to use the “Tab+X” shortcut to enter focus mode, it should be quicker than adding “/f” at the end of your task’s URL :slight_smile:

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, we really appreciate it!