Task creating with auth dependencies?

dependencies
creation

Hi all!
I am just wondering if there is an easy way to create a bunch of tasks and set their dependencies.
Very often I am crating up to 10 Tasks in a rush and everytime the second task, is waiting for the task before.
Right now i am creating all of them manually, and afterwards hopping from task to task and link the previous task.

As you can see… this is a boring task :wink:
Is there any hotkey hidden feature available ala “create a new task and link it to the previous one”?
I am thinking about creating a small application calling your API for creating bunuch of tasks and getting the links working.

Thanks!
RS

Interesting concept using an API to do that would be interested to see the result. I am pretty sure there is no hidden ShortCut key for that.

However I have noticed that when I have created the second dependent task and immediately went to dependency it seemed that the first task shown was the last one I created. Soaybe instead of waiting till the end do the dependency straight away. Might be worth checking…

Jason.

Hi @RobertoS :wave:t3:

I can confirm what @Jason_Woods said just above, there is no hotkey allowing you to automatically set dependencies following a certain pattern. With that said, after creating the first dependence, the predictions when selecting the second dependency should be much better!

I believe this is also something you could do via the API and if this is something you’re interested in, I’d recommend checking out https://asana.com/developers/api-reference/tasks#dependencies.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any follow-up questions!