Tags disappearing

I create a tag, apply it to a load of tasks, then sometime later I try to apply it to a new task and it’s not in the tags list - so I go to find a task that already has it, copy (Ctrl+C) the text and paste it into the tag field on the new task, and I’m asked if I want to create a new task called (in this case ':moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:). This happened before when I was using £££ as the tag to indicate the money-generating tasks.

Steps to reproduce: Create a new task and attempt to apply a specific existing tag (':moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:) to it.

Browser version: Chrome, 80.0.3987.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

Welcome to the Forum @Andrew_Horder :wave: and sorry to hear you are running into this issue.

I just tried to reproduce it on my end using the same tag you have used (’:moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:) and I was able to create the tag and apply it to new tasks.

In order to better understand what might be happening could you please try to reproduce it in a different browser and an incognito windows and let me know if the issue persists?

In case the issue persists could you please record a screencast to help us visualize the behaviour you are getting? Loom is a great app for video screencasts: https://www.useloom.com/

In your video screencast, we recommend that you use a Chrome Incognito window and have your Javascript console open:

Try to include the entire browser window, including URL bar, in the video screencast.

If you don’t feel comfortable sharing the Screencast publicly in the this thread, feel free to DM me (You just need to click on my name above and select “Message”).

Thank you for your help @Andrew_Horder! Looking forward to your reply!

I have seen something similar - it seems that when I create a new Tag (say, “Marmot”), there is a delay for it to populate into the list of available Tags. If I try to use “Marmot” before this population occurs, I am told it does not exist. Waiting long enough usually/always brings the tag up into the available list. (Sometimes 2 of the same, based on me creating it, not finding it again due to the delay [“hmm, thought I already created that”], then creating a second time.)

Long enough has been anywhere from 1 to 20 minutes, and could take longer in some cases. maybe try waiting longer, or even exiting and relaunching Asana. Your tag may eventually make itself known.

Maybe Asana can look into the root cause of why a Tag might take a variable length of time to populate into the available tag list.

Actually, now I think of it, there are lots of Asana edits that take an amazing amount of time to update. E.g. add a Milestone to List View and give it a date, then go look for it on Timeline, refreshing constantly - it can take 5 minutes or more.

Hi @Andrew_Horder and @Stephanie_Oberg!

Just wanted to confirm with you if you are still experiencing this issue!

If yes, would you mind following the steps I have outlined in my previous post and let me know the results?

Thank you! Looking forward to your reply!

The problems I described are intermittent and I do not have any steps to guarantee reproduction of them. Whenever I encounter the issue, I work around it. Effective testing of this issue would require a fair amount of time, so I suggest it’s better for your QA department than for users.