Show tag labels on subtasks list

We use Subtasks a lot and also Tags. When we create a task and then several subtasks within it, it is time consuming to add a Tag as you have to go into each Subtask and tag it and then come back out to the task and repeat with the next Subtask.

Subtasks already have icons within the task display for Due Date and Assignee - can the Tag icon not be added also for quickness or is there another way that I have missed?

3 Likes

Yes please. Dying over here. Was so happy to be able to filter by tags in Instagantt, only to be thwarted when I try to add a subtask that I can’t see until I turn off the filter and then have to scour the project to tag it. My team is going nuts.

2 Likes

Hello. Me and my team using subtasks a lot. It could be a really useful implementation to show the tag’s label (or just a colored dot) near the subtasks list without clicking the bubble.

2 Likes

Hi @Enrico_Baravelli and welcome to the Forum :wave:t3:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us, really appreciate it! We already have a thread on this topic, so I have gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to consolidate feedback on this topics; hope taht’s ok!

Oh sorry I didn’t searched well! Thanks a lot

No worries at all @Enrico_Baravelli :slight_smile:

I agree! This would be immensely helpful in my project management.

1 Like

I also really need this feature for my team. We stopped using tags for many things because of this not being there. I actually switched to another task program for most of last year to layout things better for myself.

Any update on this? This would make color-coding on my calendar look a lot nicer without it being a pain to do!

I don’t like that subtasks are automatically white in the calendar, so at least being able to easily tag them with a color matching the project would help me a lot!

3 Likes

Yes, showing the tag’s label would really help a lot for an easy overview.

1 Like

Is there a way to bulk append tags across multiple subtasks?

2 Likes

I’m also in need of this. Or tag subtasks by color, anything to give some markings to tasks that easy to see with a glance.

Yes. In LIST VIEW with SORT set to NONE. This allows you to view the subtasks as indented line items under the master task, select multiple lines, and add tags in the tag column.

It does not seem to be possible to do from within the master task while only viewing it and it’s subtasks.

Adding a vote for this. I’d really love if subtasks defaulted to being tagged the way their parent task is tagged. It’s very confusing for me on the Calendar view to see all these white tasks.

2 Likes

I’ve tried getting this to happen and can’t figure out how to see just master tasks with “subtasks as indented line items”.

The only way we can see a list of tasks is under the My Tasks tool. Are we looking in the right place?

Any updates on this?

+1

Hi all,
Little bit of a work around that might help.
(I would recommend using custom fields if you have them rather than tags anyway)
However, in the list view if you unhide the tags column and then drop down the task to show the subtasks you can click the first subtask hold shift and click the last one then click the cell of the tag column to add a tag to the bulk selection