"Tab+N" our new shortcut to create Sections

@Marie Along with many others I’ve been waiting for changes to the Sections feature in Asana. Other than a way to view a separation of groups of tasks I really didn’t/don’t feel that it adds any other value.

One of the main flaws, in my opinion, is that a Section behaves exactly like a Task, with the same options. I would really like to see Sections gain their own set of features, or at least remove the Task options when a Task becomes a Section.

Onto the latest change of deprecating the : function to add a section in favour of TAB + N: this really doesn’t bother me, although from a UX perspective, moving from a single character input to a TAB function is a bit counterintuitive (perhaps this is in prep for a bigger change).

BUT, what I do have a problem with is:

1. Coping a list of tasks (with sections) from one place to another now no longer retains the sections - Asana just sees the old Sections as tasks with a colon!

2. Sometimes, when I use TAB + N, it adds the section at the bottom of the task list, and then I need to move it around.

Overall I don’t think this latest change has delivered any benefit, and it may have been worth waiting until whatever additional changes were ready before rolling this out.

8 Likes