"Tab+N" our new shortcut to create Sections

Hi @Marie and thanks for the reply. I’ll make this post be about UI-only issues with the Tab-N changes, and the following post will be about API issues. But please see also this next post too, because the UI change for Tab-N has broken something in Asana2Go

Yes, I’m referring to Subtask Sections. To create a new subtask section, maybe this:

needs to be turned into the mutton offering to create a subtask by default but also giving the option to create a subtask section so that creating a task/task section and creating a subtask/sutask section are consistent.

In addition, it used to be effortless to make a list of subtasks with subtask sections by just typing, and using a “:” or not. Now I can’t start with a subtask section with makes it hard to focus on my content and makes me think about Asana’s UI. Similarly, I have rework to do if I have started entering a subtask and now need to make it a subtask section, and vice versa–I have to delete the subtask/subtask section and start over. In addition to Tab-N, I’d like a keyboard shortcut to toggle a subtask to a subtask section (and it should toggle a subtask section into a subtask). One command should be added to the task’s More Actions menu to make this discoverable.

My other prior UI-related comments still stand. It would be great if you could update the Product Team with this clarification/additional info, and thanks for passing along the first bit.

8 Likes