“Tab+N” new shortcut to create Sections

We’ve talked to the product team about the future of “sections” in subtasks and My Tasks, and (1) we have no intention of fully removing those kinds of sections from the web product, and (2) we will not be moving those kinds of sections to a new data model as part of this work. We now have clarity on the future of these task-sections, and can now make a decision about how we’ll handle this in the API.

We’re going to continue keeping the word “section” to refer to exclusively proper, data-model-backed column-sections, and task sections will have resource_subtype: "default_task". To signal whether these tasks are rendered differently in subtask and My Tasks views in the web product, we will be adding a new boolean field is_rendered_as_separator. The API will use the distinct term “separator” to refer to task-sections.

While we implement this new field, you can continue to use resource_subtype: "section" to determine if something is a separator, and I’ll update this post again when we’ve finished implementing the new is_rendered_as_separator field.

4 Likes