Support opening .webloc files in a browser

Feature Request:
Open .webloc files directly in a browser when clicked within Asana.

Problem:
When I attach a .webloc file in Asana and subsequently click the attachment to open it, I’m prompted to download the .webloc file. This is different from the behavior of File Explorer or Finder, where clicking a .webloc file opens a webpage directly in a browser.

Context:
AFAIK .webloc files are the only way to save webpages to File Explorer or Finder such that when they’re clicked, a live version of the saved webpage is opened.
Link to StackOverflow re: .webloc files: macos - save webpage as a url file and open with chrome - Stack Overflow

Current Workarounds:
Putting links to relevant webpages in the description field of a task. Relevant webpages act more like attachments, and putting links to webpages in the description field distracts from the description / doesn’t feel like the proper use of the description field.

Hi @anthnyalxndr, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback :slight_smile:

While this feature isn’t available at this time, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile: