Ability to create and assign tasks from Google Docs

+1 my team needs this!!

hi there, any updates on when a feature like this will be released?

Hope you’re well @Maggie_Reddi, do you have any additional information on when this feature may be available for beta? Thank you!!!

Chiming in to say that I would also greatly appreciate this feature on my team

4 Likes

+1 – until I can get everyone on my company in Asana (I’m doing the best I can!) this would be a great stopgap.

3 Likes

Sorry for my radio silence. I do not check this forum as often as I should.

We received final approval from Google to get our app published. We are just going through some smoke tests at the moment after deploying this new feature and will be publicly available within a few weeks. I will post here once that is complete.

We are also not currently handling assignments, however, something we will be investigating shortly.

I have some good news to share. Our integration between Asana and Google Docs is now available. You can follow these steps to get started:

1. Visit our website: www.projectprocs.com.
  2. Click on Login at the top right.
  3. Register for a free trial.
  4. Create a new process and select Asana and Google Docs as the two systems to integrate.
  5. Search for and select a folder from Google Docs to monitor for new comments.
  6. Link the folder to a corresponding project in Asana.

Once complete, as you create new comments in Google Docs, our system will automatically create tasks in Asana. If you mark the comment as resolved in Google Docs, it will be marked as complete in Asana. If you also mark the task as complete in Asana, it will mark the comment as resolved in Google Docs.

For any questions or issues you might come across, please email support@projectprocs.com. You will also be receiving some emails from us when you setup your first process.

More marketing material and documentation will be available on our website shortly, but the ability to get the integration going is already live.

One more vote for this, would be greatly helpful!

2 Likes

++++1 This feature would be huge for asana adoption at our organization

2 Likes
  • 1!! Would love this
2 Likes

+1 !!! This would be the best of integrations. I use google docs to take notes and assign tasks. When there is a lot being said and with tasks we want to assign, its hard to stop, flip to Asana, create the task, jump back into the G-doc. It would be fantastic if we can get this streamlined.

4 Likes

Also +1 to all that’s been said here. Would be incredibly useful.

1 Like

+1 on this. Would be super helpful! Especially seeing as the Asana task from an email integration would require each team member to do this which expects a lot.

1 Like

+1 :heavy_heart_exclamation: :pray:

1 Like

+1
Huge workflow add if this could be incorporated. Would love this feature!

2 Likes

+1 Would love this as well.

1 Like

ay someone is listening to this need! I’m so grateful! I won’t be able to use your integration though.

• I only want ASSIGNED comments to appear in Asana. My team discusses things using the comments in a doc or sheet, and those comments are not always “tasks”. This integration would create far too many tasks in Asana for me :frowning:
  • I have no idea if this helps but there is a way to see all of your “assigned” comments in Google Drive using this search string: Google Drive: Sign-in
  • I wonder if that could be utilized to only create tasks in Asana if there are new “assignments” in Drive.
2 Likes
  • a billion.
1 Like

+1 would also love to see this.

1 Like

really important to workflow so please prioritize and make this possible

1 Like