Ability to create and assign tasks from Google Docs

G Suite tools (Google Docs in particular) allow users to “assign tasks” to their colleagues by highlighting something, adding a comment, and using @ or + before typing their name. When you do this, it sends that person an email.

It would be so cool if in addition to sending that email, the comment could be instantly BAM! turned into an Asana task with due dates and stuff. At least, I would like that :stuck_out_tongue:

25 Likes

+1

great idea

2 Likes

+1 awesome idea!

+1

Awesome idea @Jack_Cuneo , I could see this cutting down on a ton of emails, improving workflow and, saving time!

2 Likes

Yes! I love this idea. Would cut down on so many emails!

Converting this to a product feedback post so you all can vote on it :slight_smile:

cc @Maimoona_Block @Matt_Bramlage

11 Likes

Is this feature somewhere in the product feedback ? It should sooo good!

2 Likes

Adding my vote here - this would be a SUPER helpful feature.

2 Likes

1000% behind this idea!

1 Like

This is a high-value idea and cannot be difficult to implement. It saddens me to see that 1,5 year later nothing is happening with it and gives me the impression that Asana is not listening to user feedback!

1 Like

+10

1 Like

yes please!

1 Like

I just googled to see if this is possible! Found this forum!
YES!!! We need this. Please integrate google docs and sheets ACTIONS with Asana…

4 Likes

Excellent idea! I’d use it.

Let’s do this. It would be a huge timesaver.

1 Like

Yes please! This would be so helpful!

Why isn’t this a feature already?

This would a total game-changer for me and how we use Asana at my company.

4 Likes

+1
Would be great!

Any update on this? Would love this!

3 Likes

PLEASE do this, Asana. My team loves the specificity of commenting in our Sheets and assigning each other tasks that way. If those could turn into Asana tasks, that’d be incredibly helpful.

3 Likes