Sumary Files have to appear in Files tab

Hi everyone,

In my project organization, i use the brief summary to give essentiel informations and support project document to the project team.

Document added to this summary tab doesn’t appear in the Files tab designated to centralized all documents of the Asana project.

Is it a bug or not ?
If it’s not, it makes sense to me to request this feature in order not to confuse my team members.

Are you also waiting for this feature?
Thanks anyone for your reply

Best regards

This is incorrect. This section is only for files added to tasks.

There is no confusion. Project documents are in the Overview. Task documents are under Files.

Hi @Getz_Pro

Thanks for your quick reply and opinion.
Even if i can understand that it is by design and normal state, nevertheless i’m not totally satisfied by this limitation.

Allow me to explain my point of view : Why making a Files tab to centralized task files only whereas we could use it to centralized all project files ? In my case, my team members are often confused with this behaviour and they often don’t know where to find the specific files they are looking for…

Maybe our problem is the way we use Asana, so i am open to hear other way to do it and permit to my team to find quiclky and intuitively their informations.

Thanks a lot

Overview is a recent addition to Asana whereby Files has been there.

The distinction is easy.

If it is a project level file, that is, not limited to a task but for the overall project scope/charter/brief, then it goes in overview.

If a task level file, that is, a deliverable into a task or a file needed to execute the task, it appears under files.

Files allows you to not only see the fiel, but also click on that hyperlink to get to the task in which that file was added so you can see the context.

So instead of scrolling through many files to see a project brief, just go to overview. Project files are above task files and therefore should be separated for easy finding.

Hi @nvlopp, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

While this feature isn’t available at this time, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future!

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

1 Like