Suggestion: Allow comments to be assigned as tasks

I often use the comment section as a log of events that occurred on a given task. Sometimes I log something that needs a follow up, but making another task for it makes everything too sprawled out and messy, and takes away from my organization rather than adding to it. If I could just turn a comment into a task then I could quickly revisit it from my task list.

Additionally, if someone makes a comment that I want to follow up on later, for the same reason as above, I would like to be able to mark it for a follow up and have it show up on my task list.

HI @Benjamin_Farnsworth, just moving your post to the #productfeedback to allow other users to vote for your feature request! :slight_smile:

I totally agree that this would be an amazing addition to Asana :grinning:

ClickUp has implemented something like this, and it’s definitely a game changer for assigning smaller action items. Please let me know if Asana plans to add this soon :pray:

7 Likes

Totally agree! its common tasks disappear as its “part of a comment”. It would be great to this as a feature.

I would LOVE to see this feature added to Asana. I often use comments as a log of issues in a particular document or site that I am reviewing, thus being able to make individual comments into tasks would be very helpful. Even better, the ability to group several comments and make them a single task would also be amazing!